TSN VOD....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Thanks for the heads up. I watched the Western final last night. Great game, but I had forgotten how much holding the Esks O line did throughout the game with complete immunity from penalty calls. It seemed like only Esks defence got penalty calls and the refs were going easy on the Esks O lone because they were getting thoroughly beat by the Lions D.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

JohnHenry wrote:It's disappointing that TSN deletes last year's games so quickly and there's no way to d/l them. TSN also scrubbed the Vanier Cup soon after the event and the game has disappeared off the web. Does anyone know where the 2011 Vanier Cup could be d/l or viewed?
I have a copy, but it has my radio call on it.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Jim Mullin wrote:
JohnHenry wrote:It's disappointing that TSN deletes last year's games so quickly and there's no way to d/l them. TSN also scrubbed the Vanier Cup soon after the event and the game has disappeared off the web. Does anyone know where the 2011 Vanier Cup could be d/l or viewed?
lol thats better than the tsn broadcasters ;) haha
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

It kind of a shame. TSN would be well advised to maintain a vault of outstanding games. Ones that were particularly exciting or well played that people could visit.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Zarquon
Champion

Jim Mullin wrote:
I listened to that radio call while sitting in the Stadium and it was much better that the TV Broadcast when I re-watched the game.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
Anglophone
All Star

Jim Mullin wrote:
I certainly would like to see it again, if it's legally possible for you to send it out to some people.

And I would certainly be willing to paypal you for it (again provided that it's legal to do so)
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

jcalhoun wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:It kind of a shame. TSN would be well advised to maintain a vault of outstanding games. Ones that were particularly exciting or well played that people could visit.
I completely and totally agree. I have no idea what the legalities are regarding putting CFL games on itunes (or some other platform where fans can download them) but the league and TSN should sit down and figure it all out. Assuming a reasonable price structure, I'd have bought many of last season's games, and I'm sure a lot of other fans would have as well.

There's probably an issue with ESPN Classic Canada & the CBC as well, about who has the rights to everything, but I'd like to see the league make older seasons available as well. I have only hazy memories of the 1985 season (I was 8), and I'd love to be able to download some of the better games.

Ideally, you pick a Grey Cup season for each team, and release a game from that year on itunes every other week during the season (because there wasn't film of every game pre-TSN). Then you exclude the stinkers: I mean, when you reflect back on 2011 do you really want to watch the late-season Hamilton game again? If you really want to do it up brown you bring in some of the old players to provide commentary on the Grey Cup as an additional audio track. No matter how your team is doing, you get to enjoy some football. I think this would be grand.

In the past, the CFL could never justify the cost of producing DVD sets, etc. The market is just too small (or so we're told). But assuming the league owns the rights to everything, (ie, they don't need to lawyer-up), the costs of doing something like this would be minimal, and the potential revenue might just surprize us.

Cheers,

James

The video quality from 1985 and earlier might be a concern and not lend it self to high quality digital/HD that consumers are accustom to today.