Lack of field markings at new BC Place ... what gives?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cromartie
Hall of Famer

Darrius Passmore signed with the Pittsburgh Power of the Arena Football League last week.

I remember for quite a few years that the Province had ads on the field. I do believe the field itself should have end zone markings and a team logo at Centerfield as a minimum. But I do not like on field advertising (heck, I'm barely tolerant of jersey advertising patches, personally) either. With the LCD ring, and the field level fold overs, the on field advertising shouldn't be necessary.

As for whether the league or the team gets the revenue from that type of advertising, I would think that the answer to who makes that call depends upon who sponsors and funds the game. IIRC, the host team can "buy the rights" to the playoff games from the league itself for a flat fee if the team feels it can make more, and I believe Mr. Braley (as well as the Als), routinely do that.
Buonosjanet69
Starter

watching the game all the way here in Ontario... the stadium looked great on tv, first daytime game there. Love the moving cam but again, the end zones were untouched (no Lions logo) while the field was typically covered with ads.

I would like to see more shots from midfields, way up, however. Lets see the giant scoreboard on tv too.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I much prefer a clean playing surface than a field covered in corporate logos.
Buonosjanet69
Starter

Lions logo in one end

Bluebombers in the other.

Do it. Dooooo iiiiittttt.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I much prefer a clean playing surface than a field covered in corporate logos.
And diagonal stripes in the end zones; ah the good old days.
MikeAK
All Star

Is it true the league will be coming out with new Jersey's for next season? I was talking with a guy at the store today who said this.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Buonosjanet69 wrote:Lions logo in one end

Bluebombers in the other.

Do it. Dooooo iiiiittttt.
As you requested..... The Bombers logo is in the North Endzone and Lions the South. Lots of league/Grey Cup logos in other spots on the field.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

OH jeez... you've gotten so used to the invasions of ads you're now craving them?? :bang:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:OH jeez... you've gotten so used to the invasions of ads you're now craving them?? :bang:
Um, who exactly, in this thread do you see "craving" ads? Seems to me it's actually quite the contrary.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

MikeAK wrote:Is it true the league will be coming out with new Jersey's for next season? I was talking with a guy at the store today who said this.
This appears to be the case, yes.