Win Grey Cup Tickets!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

CONTEST DETAILS
Tourism Vancouver is giving away two tickets to the Grey Cup, along with two nights accommodation, and VIP access to Doolin’s Irish Pub and the Roxy Nightclub. Full contest details can be found on Tourism Vancouver’s Facebook page at http://www.Facebook.com/InsideVancouver

Here’s how it works…
A Mystery Man will wander the streets of Vancouver starting Tuesday, November 22nd between 8am and 7pm, until he is caught.

To win, the winner must be the first person to find him and say the secret phrase. The secret phrase can only be found on the Tourism Vancouver Facebook Page.

Exclusive clues to his location at certain times during the day will be shared by participating blogs within Vancouver and we at Lionbackers are one of the exclusive sites to get this info

To win, the winner must be the first person to find him and say the secret phrase. The secret phrase can only be found on the Tourism Vancouver Facebook Page. here https://www.facebook.com/insidevancouve ... 8943736091

Good Luck Everyone!
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Can you tell him to um wander over to Kitchener???

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I hate my life right now :bang: :bang:
D
Team Captain

Here is the first clue for the hunt for the Mystery Man, find him first and win Grey Cup Tickets

1. At 8:30am the Mystery Man will be having breakfast somewhere in the city.

I have to work 2moro and won't be able to share all the other clues throughout the day so in the morning I will share the rest of the clues

If you are searching for the Mystery Man the best advice I can give is don't be shy, ask anyone and everyone if the are the "Mystery Man"
I own The Grey Cup! .com
.G.
All Star

are you the mystery man?
Mabey? .. errr Maybe?, Perhaps?, Mayhaps? .... just kidding it is definitely not me
MABEY!
D
Team Captain

To win, the winner must be the first person to find him and say the secret phrase. The secret phrase can only be found on the Tourism Vancouver Facebook Page. here https://www.facebook.com/insidevancouve ... 8943736091
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

OK here we go ... make sure you know the secret phrase! see the post above for the link to the secret phrase

1. At 8:30am the Mystery Man will be having breakfast somewhere in the city.

2. At 10am, the Mystery Man will be roaming the streets near the Harbour Centre

3. At 12:30pm the Mystery Man will start thinking about having lunch somewhere.

4. At 2pm the Mystery Man will head towards Stanley Park

5. At 4pm the Mystery Man will grab a drink to warm up.

6. At 5:30pm the Mystery Man will do some shopping downtown

7. At 7pm the Mystery Man will pack it in for the night

Good Luck and Go LIons!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Rammer
Team Captain

I happened to be downtown today and did take a look around Stanley Park and if he was there he wasn't sporting Lion gear that I saw, or any CFL team gear. I wonder if he was found out or not.
Entertainment value = an all time low
D
Team Captain

He was not found so he will be back at it in the morning .... and so will I posting the clues ... meh I'll post the clues now

1. At 8:30am the Mystery Man will catch a ride on the Skytrain

2. At 10am the Mystery Man will be wandering around campus

3. At 12:30pm the Mystery Man will grab a bite to eat downtown

4. At 2pm the Mystery Man will check out Gastown

5. At 4pm the Mystery Man will visit Yaletown

6. At 6pm the Mystery Man will do some shopping downtown

7. At 7pm the Mystery Man will pack it in for the night

They’ll have the Mystery Man share some additional photos throughout the day with clues to his whereabouts and maybe even his identity. Your best bet to see those is thru twitter so follow http://twitter.com/GreyCupChase and http://twitter.com/VanLookout and http://twitter.com/VancityBuzz and http://twitter.com/604Pulse

and don't forget you need the secret phrase which is "Are you a Vancouver fan?"

Good Luck!
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

6. TourismVan_GreyCupChase_clues_VANCOUVER_Day2_GranvilleSt.png
4. TourismVan_GreyCupChase_clues_VANCOUVER_Day2_Gastown.png
visual clues
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

visual clues
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Anglophone
All Star

Does anyone know what he looks like? I'm actually on campus now.
Rammer
Team Captain

Anglophone wrote:Does anyone know what he looks like? I'm actually on campus now.
Guess you didn't locate him then, too bad. Would be nice if someone from this site found him.
Entertainment value = an all time low
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Anglophone wrote:Does anyone know what he looks like? I'm actually on campus now.
I don't think anyone who's in a position to tell does, which kinda seems to be the point.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Ah, mystery solved for me. I was wandering down near Harbour Centre today (around 1:30 PM) and two seperate guys asked me if I was a Vancouver fan. Now I know why, they were hoping I was the mystery man. I was puzzled at the time and just answered YES and kept on going. This contest is working because I was asked twice and according to the agenda he wasn't even probably going to be in that area at the time. Good luck to the mystery man hunters......
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Ah, mystery solved for me. I was wandering down near Harbour Centre today (around 1:30 PM) and two seperate guys asked me if I was a Vancouver fan. Now I know why, they were hoping I was the mystery man. I was puzzled at the time and just answered YES and kept on going. This contest is working because I was asked twice and according to the agenda he wasn't even probably going to be in that area at the time. Good luck to the mystery man hunters......
LOL hope they didn't chase after you, demanding to make with the GC tix!

"Kenneth, what is the frequency?"
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.