Eastern Final, November 20, 2011 Vegas Odds and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I can't help but think that the Riders tanked for Greg Marshall and Doug Berry. They knew their guy Ken Miller was right there, in coaching gear, attending practice, talking to the players. Not a good thing.

Miller should have stayed the hell away from practice and the players.

But Miller has put himself back in the hot seat. No more executive suite stuff. He chose Marshall and Berry. It is surprising that a guy with his age and experience would act in this way. I guess he needed the love. And not that many Head Coaches are loved by their players.

Whatever ... It's a Rider story.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:I can't help but think that the Riders tanked for Greg Marshall and Doug Berry. They knew their guy Ken Miller was right there, in coaching gear, attending practice, talking to the players. Not a good thing.

Miller should have stayed the hell away from practice and the players.

But Miller has put himself back in the hot seat. No more executive suite stuff. He chose Marshall and Berry. It is surprising that a guy with his age and experience would act in this way. I guess he needed the love. And not that many Head Coaches are loved by their players.

Whatever ... It's a Rider story.
I agree WCJ, the yesterdays Riders looked like the Riders of the past 2 seasons. Okay this coaching change may work and the Riders may have success the rest of this season but what about next season? Is Miller 'stepping aside' :cool: again, next season? What coach would try and take over this job based on what happened this season? The ex-Rider I think would have something interesting to say (but I doubt he would) is Kornegay.

Boy, oh boy, the Al's are getting whipped by the Ticats.... I didn't see this one coming either. The Bombers, Al's and Argos have all lost games so far this weekend. I guess we'll see if any SWEEPS of back2backs happen. Obviously hoping the Lions can beat the Argos again. Their QB'ing is an issue and you've lost a key piece probably of your O Line. But thats why games are played on the field, I wouldn't have picked the Riders or Ticats to win in romps.......
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nice to see Smilin Hank standing on the sideline not so smiling.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Interesting. The Lions are the only winning team from last week favoured to win B2B.

Stamps, Lions, Alouettes and Bombers.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:Interesting. The Lions are the only winning team from last week favoured to win B2B.

Stamps, Lions, Alouettes and Bombers.
The Lions were the only favourite to win last week. Jyles makes the Argos more dangerous but the B.C. defence should be up to the task. I'll agree with WCJ: Stamps, Lions, Alouettes and Bombers.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Jyles will be rusty as nail given his long lay off
David
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Jyles will be rusty as nail given his long lay off
That's what the Argos want us to believe, and they may be right. But they may also have a more dynamic quarterback who can make things happen with his feet, and who's been practicing with the club for the past month. Apparently his shoulder healed a while back.

This game scares me. If we take them lightly and the Lions believe all this "Argos in turmoil" business, they could easily be knocked off. The Argo defense mostly just gave us the underneath stuff last week - they're a good unit that was worn down by too many "two and outs." Expect to see more of Boyd (can you imagine if they made a 1-2 punch of Boyd and Chad Kackert?). Plus, we haven't exactly been "lights out" against anyone at Empire, and the 1:00pm start favours them, not us.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Who is Matt Dunigan's broadcast partner? I'm thinking it is Gord Miller.

Montreal easily defeating Hamilton today.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:Who is Matt Dunigan's broadcast partner? I'm thinking it is Gord Miller.

Montreal easily defeating Hamilton today.
yup it was :)
2012 Season Ticket Holder
joe kapp22
Legend

Riders looking at home in Swaggerville.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Rammer
Team Captain

joe kapp22 wrote:Riders looking at home in Swaggerville.
That nickname should be bumped to Staggerville, as it is crazy how the Riders have man handled the Bombers in the B2B.
Entertainment value = an all time low
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Wow tough day for Buck. Takes massive hit reminiscent of Jackie Mitchell on DD in 2006 then goes on to serve up five INTS with a lot of telegraphed throws. Race for at least 3rd in the West is officially on with Riders looking good for a 3rd straight win hosting Argos next week then Lions visit on Sept. 24 in a huge game.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Wow tough day for Buck. Takes massive hit reminiscent of Jackie Mitchell on DD in 2006 then goes on to serve up five INTS with a lot of telegraphed throws. Race for at least 3rd in the West is officially on with Riders looking good for a 3rd straight win hosting Argos next week then Lions visit on Sept. 24 in a huge game.
Yes, it was awful to watch. Considering how we fared against the Bombers, the Riders seemed to have an easy time with the Bombers. Have the Riders really changed that much? Durant is certainly chipper and cocky now. Deserves to be so considering how he's played the past two weeks.

Who knows whats happening now. It's certainly possible for a western team to crossover again, now. That is not a bet I would have made a month ago. Further proof of the Labour Day start of the season, I guess.

What I find comforting is our BC defence. We're going into McMahon to play the Stamps (followed by a trip to Mosiac to play the Phoenix-like Riders) and our defence HAS, been great, IMO. Hope it stays so, and yes Korey, we are with you not against you.
joe kapp22
Legend

notahomer wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:Wow tough day for Buck. Takes massive hit reminiscent of Jackie Mitchell on DD in 2006 then goes on to serve up five INTS with a lot of telegraphed throws. Race for at least 3rd in the West is officially on with Riders looking good for a 3rd straight win hosting Argos next week then Lions visit on Sept. 24 in a huge game.
Yes, it was awful to watch. Considering how we fared against the Bombers, the Riders seemed to have an easy time with the Bombers. Have the Riders really changed that much? Durant is certainly chipper and cocky now. Deserves to be so considering how he's played the past two weeks.

Who knows whats happening now. It's certainly possible for a western team to crossover again, now. That is not a bet I would have made a month ago. Further proof of the Labour Day start of the season, I guess.

What I find comforting is our BC defence. We're going into McMahon to play the Stamps (followed by a trip to Mosiac to play the Phoenix-like Riders) and our defence HAS, been great, IMO. Hope it stays so, and yes Korey, we are with you not against you.
I think it is more Miller stepping in as HC, it calmed the situation and the players just have more confidence in him.

And he is allowing their DC to run more aggressive blitz packages, toss in better yds from Returns and the Riders look like a different team atm.

As for how we will fare against them, hard to tell, do think our Defence has turned the corner, but Fantuz's role will grow and make them even more potent.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

No surprise that Montreal gave an old fashioned beating to the Tiger-Cats. Although it's early, the firing of Greg Marshall in Regina seemed to have the desired effect. Having Fantuz back is only going to help.