a few grafx for this season

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

So far this season I've been inspired. :clown:

I thought I would "modify" a few of the Lions logos to make them more appropriate for what we have seen (or not seen) so far this year. :bang:

First up, with it being "retro" week I thought this new "toothless" version of the Lions head logo would be a good one:

Now I also know the Lions paw logo is a fan favourite, but so far this year the team really seems to have been "de-clawed", so I thought this version might be more representative of what we have seen to date:

And then I also figured enough with the sarcasm. Let's face it, we are going to need some good old fashioned Lady Luck to win tonight and hopefully right the ship for the remainder of the season. And that thought inspired this wallpaper:

Here's hoping that after tonight there is no more need to modify more of the Lions logos to be closer to what we are seeing on the field. :cr:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Those are great, LFITQ, and very appropriate.

Horsies will have a good time running around Empire tonight, methinks.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Harsh but funny nevertheless.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Something I've been wondering lately about our current logo: is the eye open or closed?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Blue In BC wrote:Harsh but funny nevertheless.
If you can't poke fun at it, then what's the point? I'm not getting so wrapped up in it anymore that I can't stand back and see what is really important. The team is losing and there doesn't appear to be anyone willing to do anything to change that fact. Might as well sit back and relax about it and have some fun with it.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:Harsh but funny nevertheless.
If you can't poke fun at it, then what's the point? I'm not getting so wrapped up in it anymore that I can't stand back and see what is really important. The team is losing and there doesn't appear to be anyone willing to do anything to change that fact. Might as well sit back and relax about it and have some fun with it.
Somebody needs to poke JC with a sharp stick I think. If the Lions don't start winning soon, it might be time for some changes.

One rumor is that Paris J is on the bubble. I'm more inclined to think the game plan and the OL issues are more to blame for receivers not making as big an impact.

However, something has to give at some point.

Bombers are in somewhat of the same boat. Teams ( fans ) talk about potential until they beat it to death but in the end, winning is the bottom line.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Thought of you Ken, but I don't have the skill you have, so here is my best shot:

Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:Image
Something I've been wondering lately about our current logo: is the eye open or closed?
Both. It can see the blitz coming but it can't see what play to call to counter it.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
Both. It can see the blitz coming but it can't see what play to call to counter it.
Ah, the Schrödinger's cat interpretation, simultaneously dead and alive — I like it. :thup:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Guess I don't have to redo these graphics this season. A year later and they still seem to hold meaning.

The more things change .... ahh no they don't. :tease:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Guess I don't have to redo these graphics this season. A year later and they still seem to hold meaning.

The more things change .... ahh no they don't. :tease:

Maybe the Lions sleep tonight is the theme. Caught these pictures at practice recently.

"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
cromartie
Hall of Famer

It's always looked like he's high/stoned to me, so I'm going to go with closed.