Lions Needed Change from Buck Pierce

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

btemp
prospect

Spud387 wrote:
btemp wrote:I am, and was, happy to see Buck go.

While I have nothing against Buck personally, I cannot state strongly enough how much he is a stupid and selfish player. While he finished this game, he has missed far to many over his career. I mean, how many has he missed the last couple of years? While many people like to talk about his "courage", Pierce is really putting himself before the team when he refuses to hookslide or doesn't come out of the game when the Bombers have clearly won. Pierce getting injured costs his team games, as the Lions and Bombers have seen, and his refusal to play smart is a slap in the face to his teammates, coaches, and fans.

Just wait to Pierce goes head first in the playoffs and the Bombers lose.
Well that's your opinion, i greatly disagree and flat out believe you're wrong. That's my opinion. I think Buck is a good QB, but I agree with teh decision to release him as he just couldn't stay healthy with us
So what would you call Pierce's refusal to slide? Going "team first"?
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

mightybuck wrote:
I cannot state strongly enough how much he is a stupid and selfish player
what a stupid post ...

(name edited out by Mod staff) what rock did you crawl out from under?

Last I remember Derek tossed you for going ape **** (edited by Mod staff) in the playoffs two seasons ago…

And now you have instant credibility?

WTF??? :tp:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

btemp made the original comment, not ***************** (Edited out by Mod staff)
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:btemp made the original comment, not ***************** (Edited out by Mod staff)
I see ***************** was not edited out of you post (******* Edited out by Mod staff) ...hope your happy with last nights results Andrew :tease:

Mods are knocking out our insults as fast as we can deliver em…

I propose a truce :surrender: or until I can catch you off guard again :tease:
Last edited by PigSkin_53 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spud387
Champion

btemp wrote:
Spud387 wrote:
btemp wrote:I am, and was, happy to see Buck go.

While I have nothing against Buck personally, I cannot state strongly enough how much he is a stupid and selfish player. While he finished this game, he has missed far to many over his career. I mean, how many has he missed the last couple of years? While many people like to talk about his "courage", Pierce is really putting himself before the team when he refuses to hookslide or doesn't come out of the game when the Bombers have clearly won. Pierce getting injured costs his team games, as the Lions and Bombers have seen, and his refusal to play smart is a slap in the face to his teammates, coaches, and fans.

Just wait to Pierce goes head first in the playoffs and the Bombers lose.
Well that's your opinion, i greatly disagree and flat out believe you're wrong. That's my opinion. I think Buck is a good QB, but I agree with teh decision to release him as he just couldn't stay healthy with us
So what would you call Pierce's refusal to slide? Going "team first"?
He doesn't refuse to slide, he just doesn't slide often enough and I can only assume (cause i can't read his mind and neither can you) that he thinks he can get those extra yards unscathed.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

What is this poat all about how Buck slides or WTF?

I guess you all think this is more important than my love for WCBF??? :surrender:
mightybuck
Legend

yea I didnt make the original post about Buck being stupid

I just commented on the post and I didnt get thrown out two years ago..not sure if that comment was aimed at me with names being deleted..

somehow my name got written as if I had said the quote ...

anyways apologize for the added non necessary discussion..just hate having my friend called stupid

ok guys - back to football

MB
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

mightybuck wrote:yea I didnt make the original post about Buck being stupid

I just commented on the post and I didnt get thrown out two years ago..not sure if that comment was aimed at me with names being deleted..

anyways apologize for the added non necessary discussion..just hate having my friend called stupid

MB

I don't know but if I read this thread correctly the guy attacking Buck must have been banned two years ago.

Kind of funny this guy thinking he is smarter than Buck's coaches and all the fans that Buck has now in all of the Province of Manitoba. Buck has been far more safe this year and hopefully it will continue.

That post is even funnier if you read the headlines in The Sun: Bombers pulverize Lions.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Anglophone
All Star

David wrote:The Phillips interception sure felt good (on a night of disasters). Keeping him in the game and throwing deep. What were they trying to prove?

DH :cool:
My thoughts on the interception:

Nice play, but BAD for BC.

Now we'll have a harder time getting rid of Phillips. Unless he can consistently play like that or fix his tackling (impossible) he needs to go. There are many who wanted the Lions to miss the playoffs last year because it would force changes. This is the same sort of thing, IMO.

On Topic:

I think Pierce leaving BC was the best thing. He wouldn't still be playing if he had to deal with our OLine, especially last year's. I'm genuinely happy that he's doing well in Winnipeg. I'd much rather have him win the Grey Cup with them than have Montreal have three in a row. Or worse, let Saskatchewan win.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Wally stating the obvious but saying it nicely:

http://www.canada.com/sports/football/c ... story.html

Lions' Lulay can learn lessons after benching

By Mike Beamish, Postmedia News

"VANCOUVER — Two days after sitting in the same office and saying he had “no regrets” about letting Buck Pierce go, B.C. Lions coach Wally Buono admitted that evolutionary arrival point for Travis Lulay would be a quarterback similar to, well, Buck Pierce.

“Buck, right now, is very efficient,” Buono said Sunday. “His decisions are quick, decisive. (But) it’s tough to make the comparison. We’re talking about a seven-year veteran (Pierce) and a guy who’s not a seven-year veteran (Lulay).”

And also with Buck deservedly having the last word here:

Improvement must start in the team’s engine room — at quarterback — even though Pierce says “it’s not right to put it all on one guy.”

Vancouver Sun

mbemaish@vancouversun
btemp
prospect

Toppy Vann wrote:
mightybuck wrote:yea I didnt make the original post about Buck being stupid

MB

I don't know but if I read this thread correctly the guy attacking Buck must have been banned two years ago.

Kind of funny this guy thinking he is smarter than Buck's coaches and all the fans that Buck has now in all of the Province of Manitoba. Buck has been far more safe this year and hopefully it will continue.

That post is even funnier if you read the headlines in The Sun: Bombers pulverize Lions.
It seems you struggle with pattern recognition. How many games did Pierce play in last year? The year before that?

Depends how you qualify it, but I am probably smarter than the entire province of Manitoba. :popcorn: That being said, its really neither here nor there. The point you blatantly missed was a comment on Buck consistently putting himself in situations where he could be, and was, injured, not on his level of play or talent. As has been noted in previous games this year, Buck is still not consistently hooksliding (I believe ago there was some heated commentary on it last week or two weeks ago) which is why the commentators made such a big deal about it when he did it once Saturday night. And of course its not just about hooksliding, that's just a very obvious example. Another example, just from Saturday night, would be Pierce staying in the game late in the fourth when the game was way out of reach. Anyone else catch that weird tackle on Pierce where his helmet was twisted at an odd angle? How smart would it be for Pierce to be concussed on a meaningless play?

So to be clear, the pattern is "Buck was hurt - and it seemed to be too often". Why was Buck so often hurt? Certainly ill luck plays a role but undeniably, and you won't find a soul who's watched Buck play say otherwise, he's put himself in repeated situations where he gets injured. For a QB that is very very stupid, because losing your starting QB will usually cost you the season.

And I'll remind you that Pierce has only made it through a third of the season so far.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

btemp ... it is not what you say half as much as how you say it that makes your comments challenged.

What part of "Bombers pulverize Lions" did you not understand?

Did you miss the score in the the game or were the numbers too big for you?

Did you miss that the Bombers with Buck as QB are 6 and 1 ?

It seems pattern recognition is not a strong suit of yours but you are well on your way to cornering the market for the most arrogance in a single post.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

mightybuck wrote:
I cannot state strongly enough how much he is a stupid and selfish player
what a stupid post ...
:whs:
2012 Season Ticket Holder