Positives vs the Bombers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

The Lions D kept them in the first half. - Too bad the game is 60 minutes
Harris can carry the rock when the opportunity is given. - and he can also fumble when the opportunity is given
Mitchell is a solid DT that can play on the big field. - one down 11 to go
Lions still have a chance to surpass last seasons start next week. - well, I better buy a lotto tic as I have a chance to surpass my winnings from last season too
Lulay has some fire in him, now he needs to channel it. - the only fire he has is in his hair color. He is now officially the 3rd Sedin
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It's a long season and the Lions still hold a playoff position.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:It's a long season and the Lions still hold a playoff position.
Now that is truly sad commentary. One win and you're still in the playoff run.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

If making the playoffs saves the coaches their jobs, like it did last year, then I don't want to see lions in the playoffs.

So the positive is--the more the losses the more there is a chance for coaching changes for next year. But Riders and Argos keep trying to mess things up as much as the Lions. :bang:
joe kapp22
Legend

Kiere Johnson looked good, he played as advertised Small, quick, explosive.

Akeem Foster added a TD,
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Tailgate was again excellent.

Weather was outstanding.

Beer was cold.
:)

It's always good to see the folks at the Tailgate.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Just one game left at Empire. It's been fun (sort of) but give me a downtown world class facility with better comfort and amenities inside and outside the stadium if we are going to be served up that crap.

Empire should just become an added attraction for Playland and renamed the House of Horrors based on what has been witnessed there the past two seasons. :sigh:
Blitz
Team Captain

Defensively, Mitchell, Elimianian, Reddick, and Dennis played well.

Keron Williams looked good in the first half. Joe Henderson showed his speed and range. Banks adjusted back to short side halfback quickly. Eliminian is trying to do too much but he made plays, as he always does.

Andrew Harris showed that he can outrun people on his 69 yard romp that was called back. Foster showed good hands on his touchdown catch.

However, the talent on this Leos football team continues to be wasted and chemistry and cohesion are not there but how can they be. We had two new receivers in the game, two backs who were now feature backs, and more change in the secondary as Wally searches for answers by taking other team's castoffs and plays with the mix.

However, the answers will not be found in just changing our personell each game. The problem goes much deeper and the answers won't be found as long as we have our present coaching staff.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
notahomer
Hall of Famer

It was also positive to see Buck last the entire game. From the end of the 3rd quarter on, I kept thinking he's gotta be coming out, they don't need him. Let the backup get some snaps. But he soldiered on to the final kneel down... I was surprised. Is he always going to be like this or was it especially important to play every down here in BC? He looked good, IMO.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

“It just shows,” he said to the reporters, “that you guys don’t always see what you think you see.”" Wally Buono
Well I often find I'm agreeing with Reporters perspective and therefore must be simililarily visually challenged. I thought I saw a crappy football team get beat by a better coached, better executing football team, led by a quarterback who struggled under the Lions Coaches, IMO. But since I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing....Oh thats such a relief. We are going to make the playoffs and hopefully represent the West in the first Grey Cup in the refurbished BC Place
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks Wally for clearly up my misperceptions of this Lions team so far this season......
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

joe kapp22 wrote:Kiere Johnson looked good, he played as advertised Small, quick, explosive.
I thought I saw the reincarnation of Jimmy Cunningham on the kick returns, running east and west instead of breaking it up the middle.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
“It just shows,” he said to the reporters, “that you guys don’t always see what you think you see.”" Wally Buono
That's what happens when you're squinting into the sun; you begin to see things that aren't there.
Anglophone
All Star

Elimimian. I was reasonably impressed by LaRose as well. Enough to warrant another start, at the least.

There were certainly parts where Johnson looked good. Others, not so much. Not sold on him yet, and won't be watching this game again to review his performance.

Oh, and Elimimian. I went with a friend (his first Lions game, sadly...) and he said "You weren't kidding when you said he's the only one who can tackle!"
bbking
Starter

DanoT wrote:If making the playoffs saves the coaches their jobs, like it did last year, then I don't want to see lions in the playoffs.

So the positive is--the more the losses the more there is a chance for coaching changes for next year. But Riders and Argos keep trying to mess things up as much as the Lions. :bang:

I see your point DanoT.

But would rather see the team make a charge and take advantage of this unbelieveable opportunity.

To be realistically still able to make the playoffs after a 1 and 6 start is so fortunate.

How dreary would it be to know the remaining games are just for next years jobs.

Exspecially with the rebuilt stadium.

It seems the only way things are gonna change here is with a new owner.

It would be much easier for Braley to sell the team with some late season heroics and bums in the seats.
“It just shows,” he said to the reporters, “that you guys don’t always see what you think you see.”