Bombers 25 - Lions 20 Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Wally puffed up his wins when the competition was a lot easier.

Growth of popularity in the league has resulted in top level coaching. Wally has not adjusted enough. Probably cannot adjust enough. Relies on assistants who have ordinary talent, if that. They started the year with the usual conservative garbage. Now they are desperately trying to be creative and aggressive. It is not their style.

No easy wins in the league. Except for us. We are the easy week on the schedule for other teams.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I had a plan for the worst (probably 0-5), hope for the best (picked the Lions to win by 2) attitude for the game. So, it was not as frustrating a game to watch as others. No big lead to come back from right off the bat. A commitment to the running game (went well, IMO). Lots of pressure (at least 4 sacks).

I thought the Lions would win for sure when Buck got knocked out, alas the Bombers came back with the Brink....

Fumble on special teams and I still thought, we gotta chance. Its not painful anymore. I'm so used to the Lions sucking in the early season, I'm getting used to it. Oh well, Riders here a week tomorrow, maybe August will be kinder...
LFITQ
Team Captain

Wally has forgotten more about coaching than other coaches know.

Problem is what Wally has forgotten is the important stuff and that is what the other coaches know.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

We would have to go 8 and 5 the rest of the way to match the poor 8 and 10 records of the last two years.

Hunt, K Williams, McKenzie, Solomimian played their hearts out.

No Steven Black. No Nick Moore. Either of those guys should play ahead of Dropson Collins.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:We would have to go 8 and 5 the rest of the way to match the poor 8 and 10 records of the last two years.
LOL!! Uh...ain't gonna happen. We go 5 - 13 this year
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

More likely re-doing the Bombers record of 4 and 14 of 2010 with lots of close losses.

Wally is not only heading towards the trifecta of wins, losses, most games but he must also be close on most games lost by coaching decisions. (not that this was lost to a bad decision).

The culture in this team is what they wanted this year with dumping players AND coaches that are not all in synch with Wally, JC and MB (MB made that point about the coaches now all on same page in pre-season on 1040.)

2 and 4 from Bombers 46 yard line and Lulay hits for the fences and misses. Settle for FG. Why not a shorter play and succeed instead of repeating prior game errors. Moj is making this point. That dear football friends is COACHING! OR are the Lions saying this is just another uncoachable player?
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
lion24
Legend

5-13 seems generous...........I especially love going back to the imaginative 2nd and short play where no receivers are lined up so that heaven forbid we may fake a handoff and pass.....ohhhh no too risky
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Anyone interested in my 3 Grey Cup tickets ? On the 54 yard line, lower level.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

So when will people start referring to Wally as the Losingest Coach in CFL history? :tp:
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Anyone interested in my 3 Grey Cup tickets ? On the 54 yard line, lower level.
How much do you want for them?
MacNews
Team Captain

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Brutal call on the 3rd down gamble. Wally suddenly decides to gamble when the D was working.
It's 2 minutes left in the game, if we punt on 3rd down then it is Montreal all over again and they run the clock out.

At some point, your offence has to get a first down. Lulay over-throwing his deep throws didn't help.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

You pin a rookie QB inside his 10 with 2:23 left and a time out.

A lot more pressure on that rookie than previously. The D would have had to know that Reid would get the ball.

Montreal was completely different. No timeouts and we gave the the ball to the best ever CFL QB at the 35 yard line.....this was an easy choice that our curmudgeoned coach blew....AGAIN.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lulay reminds me of Dieter Brock the gunslinger who likes to throw deep and often.