Official 2011 Training Camp Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

korey&dante4ever
Champion

Well, I saw the release of the first casualties of camp and it needed a thread to go into.. So here it is, the 2011 training camp thread..

3 players released:
QB Kevin Riley (6'3, 215)
WR Chris McClover (6'4", 208)
LB Ronnie McCullough (5'10", 220)

All imports.. It's sad that they make the trip out here and are gone after a few days.. It's the reality of the situation, however.
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Desperate young men, knowing the odds are not good, hoping for a career in pro sports. It is very tough. They have my sympathy.
joe kapp22
Legend

Surprised me that Kevin Riley did not make it to the full Training Camp, coming from Cal I thought he would make the jump and it just did not happen.

Have to wonder if his Calf is 100%.

As Jason Barnes said: "We love a game that doesn't love us back"
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Its a beautiful sunny day in Vancouver but I'm spending part of the best part at home. TSN has a training camp special @ 2PM PDT.
korey&dante4ever
Champion

notahomer wrote:Its a beautiful sunny day in Vancouver but I'm spending part of the best part at home. TSN has a training camp special @ 2PM PDT.
Yes, i was just about to post that... Just another reason to be thankful for TSN and their coverage of the CFL.. First class IMO.
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
Anglophone
All Star

notahomer wrote:Its a beautiful sunny day in Vancouver but I'm spending part of the best part at home. TSN has a training camp special @ 2PM PDT.
Didn't know that, thanks.
Irving Thomas
prospect

Is it on now? There's any web streaming of TSN?? :cr:
SammyGreene
Team Captain

More training camp coverage starting tomorrow .....
TEAM Radio has Lions camp covered, as Bob Marjanovich and Giulio Carravatta will host shows on TEAM1410 from Monday to Friday. Those shows will run from 4:00 – 6:00 each day.
So the diehards will be tuning in tomorrow?? .... not something else that starts at 5??? :wink:
BCLions4Ever
Rookie

What happened to Darius PASSMORE? he was still on the injured reserve roster after his neck injury last year, and I never heard he was released or traded, but he's not on the training camp roster this year. Anyone know?
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Just a reminder to those who are fortunate enough to attend this year. Please do not post any information on specific formations, trick plays or any such thing. The Lions have asked us as fans to please be vigilant about this. Thanks! :roar: :roar:
Real women wear orange!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:Just a reminder to those who are fortunate enough to attend this year. Please do not post any information on specific formations, trick plays or any such thing. The Lions have asked us as fans to please be vigilant about this. Thanks! :roar: :roar:
Trick plays ? Are you forgetting who's our Offensive Coordinator ? A trick play is running a sweep :wink:
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
CatsEyes wrote:Just a reminder to those who are fortunate enough to attend this year. Please do not post any information on specific formations, trick plays or any such thing. The Lions have asked us as fans to please be vigilant about this. Thanks! :roar: :roar:
Trick plays ? Are you forgetting who's our Offensive Coordinator ? A trick play is running a sweep :wink:
Boy I can't argue that, nor will I. :beauty:
Entertainment value = an all time low
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Sad to say but a BC Lion trick play is an oxymoron, unless Mccallum running for an occasional first down out of the punting formation counts. Oh-oh I just revealed a Lion secret and its a running play.
joe kapp22
Legend

Dying to hear if any of the guys brought in are showing anything as passrushers, Edgeson, Tyrell Graham etc.

As for the O, am I the only one who was less then thrilled with hearing that Jacques C was going back to handsignals?

Now a joke could be made about it making sense as the offence is from the pre radios in helmet era as well.... :wink:
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
cheer_leader
prospect

Thanks for the heads-up about 1410 coverage! We were beginning to wonder if there were any reporters in training camp, besides L. Ullrich for the province. Are there any tv reporters there?

And, what did happen to Passmore?

So happy that football is back!! :yahoo: