Barron Miles back to the Als?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

jim604
All Star

Hope he stays!

http://www.cjad.com/blog/AlouettesNews/ ... um=twitter

Could former Als allstar consider coaching return?
Posted By: Rick Moffat rmoffat@cjad.astral.com · 1/17/2011 4:21:00 PM
Former Alouette Allstar Barron Miles could be a person of interest for the Als looking to fill a defensive coaching vacancy.

In CFL musical chairs game that will see Tim Burke confirming with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers Tuesday, the Als are likely to promote linebackers coach Tim Tibesar to Defensive Co-ordinator. Tibesar has experience as a coordinator with a major US college program, Kansas, before coming to the CFL.

But that would open up a spot as a defensive-backs coach on the Als staff. Former assistant coaches like Greg Butler and Noel Thorpe will obviously deserve attention but former Alouette Barron Miles would have to consider the job if offered.

Some sources close to the Lions suggest that Miles was not allowed to be a part of the Wally Buono inner circle in BC.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Miles has a keen insight into the game and was seen as a natural future coach while still playing. He has great experience on defence and special teams. With the Lions, he was the defensive assistant who would congratulate players coming off the field after a good play and correcting those who made mistakes. That is a highly valuable game-day role, and he did it well.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:Purely conjecture. Does Buono even have an "inner circle"? Chapdelaine also complained as Lions OC that he was kept "out of the loop." I would defer to Wally's good judgment on these matters. :wink:

I think you just answered your question. Chapdelaine left for Eskimos saying that he was out of the loop (which I found quite shocking at the time as his fingerprints have been all over the demise of Burratto, Baresi and more Kruck.)

I suspect WB is a boss that gets too close to anyone but he sure seems to have rose coloured glasses for his DC and OC.

Assistant moves in the CFL are a bit of a shocker as these guys seem to be paid poorly as it is.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy