2011 Grey Cup Halftime Show....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

AC/DC Rocks wrote:I looked up Canadian bands on Wikipedia, how about:

Harlequin

Sweeney Todd:"Hot child in the city" and "Roxy Roller" that would be great! (Bryan Adams was in this band briefly).

Steppenwolf

Chilliwack

Prism

Barney Bentall

These would all be good choices. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of other good bands to.
How many of those are still playing? And after looking at the list, I think that the GC committee choose well. :wink:
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
AC/DC Rocks wrote:I looked up Canadian bands on Wikipedia, how about:

Harlequin

Sweeney Todd:"Hot child in the city" and "Roxy Roller" that would be great! (Bryan Adams was in this band briefly).

Steppenwolf

Chilliwack

Prism

Barney Bentall

These would all be good choices. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of other good bands to.
How many of those are still playing? And after looking at the list, I think that the GC committee choose well. :wink:
Harlequin played in Quesnel at the Billy Barker Days festival a couple of years ago. They did really good considering it was an open air concert that was free to all. They played some older stuf and they had just released a new CD. After listening to them play I actually went out and bought the CD, and because I mainly listen to the radio I don't buy that many cd's, so this is saying something.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
giwiens
Starter
Location: you can know where I was or my direction of travel but not both

I watched the Grey Cup game with a bunch of teenagers (I turned 40 earlier this year) and after Bachman and Turner were done I asked them what they thought and all but one teenager responded that they didn't know that there was great music like that. The one guy who didn't like it only listens to hip-hop stuff.

We then discussed what they would like to see in 2011 in Vancouver and they suggested the following:
Pre-game concert: Bryan Adams
O Canada: Michael Buble
Half-time: Nickleback.

This is from guys in the 13-18 year range.
Roar Lions Roar
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Pretty sure Streetheart is still playing. I saw them in Surrey during the Olympics this year.
Real women wear orange!!
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

AC/DC Rocks wrote:
Harlequin

Steppenwolf

Chilliwack

Prism

Barney Bentall
sounds like the line up for a summer concert sponsored by JACK-FM
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Glad to hear Harlequin sounded good

Streetheart is a good choice

It does sound like a Jack FM playlist LOL

Can't forget Kim Mitchell (Max Webster)
Bighill is Badass
David
Team Captain

Belize City Lion wrote:
AC/DC Rocks wrote:
Harlequin

Steppenwolf

Chilliwack

Prism

Barney Bentall
sounds like the line up for a summer concert sponsored by Flomax
Fixed it.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I nominate the Celtic Thunder guys.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
pacific
All Star

KnowItAll wrote:I nominate the Celtic Thunder guys.
You will certainly get a lot of women there. :wink: :wink:
SammyGreene
Team Captain

giwiens wrote:I watched the Grey Cup game with a bunch of teenagers (I turned 40 earlier this year) and after Bachman and Turner were done I asked them what they thought and all but one teenager responded that they didn't know that there was great music like that. The one guy who didn't like it only listens to hip-hop stuff.

We then discussed what they would like to see in 2011 in Vancouver and they suggested the following:
Pre-game concert: Bryan Adams
O Canada: Michael Buble
Half-time: Nickleback.

This is from guys in the 13-18 year range.
Nickelback would be my guess too. Not a huge fan of them but given they are from Vancouver, have never played a GC before and are as mainstream as it gets — it would be a safe and solid choice.
nelson95
Legend

The greatest and longest lasting Vancouver band of all time: DOA
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Belize City Lion wrote:OK, just watched the half time show compliments of youtube... BT(-O) were really good!

Here's a funny little BTO moment I had years ago... I think it was about 1996 or 1997... I was producing some public service announcements at U.TV (now CItyTV) and we wanted Randy Bachman to appear in one of them. At the time he was living at his cabin in the middle of nowhere, with no phone or email. But I had the number for his manager (don't remember his name). When I called him I got his answering machine (what you kids call voice mail today) and his message started out with about 10 seconds of the riff from "Takin' Care of Business" followed by the guy saying "Hello, this is (whatever his name was)... I'm busy taking care of business, so leave a message at the beep and I will call you back".

I guess buddy didn't have too many other clients! Anyway, he did get ahold of Randy who did the PSA for me.
That's a good story, would be the purrfect answering machine greeting.
Bighill is Badass
Mikemike
All Star

The greatest and longest lasting Vancouver band of all time: DOA
Oh man that would be sweet! Get Joey up on stage at midfield with his chainsaw! They would actually be an amazing choice, but the league would never have the guts, not in a million years. Actually, I have a small suspicion that when a million years rolls around DOA will still be rockin, and as always: playin on "11"
dpoe
Starter

Doesn't William Shatner sing??
Rammer
Team Captain

dpoe wrote:Doesn't William Shatner sing??
Him and Leonard Nimoy would be a very different halftime show, almost out of this world or highly illogical.
Entertainment value = an all time low