Game Day Thread - Lions @ Stampeders - October 22, 2010

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

What did I say about picking on Crawford?

Calgary offenders sayin, "I told you"..."I told you" :thdn:
Last edited by PigSkin_53 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
nelson95
Legend

Ball was punched out dude

still TL should have dumped it
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Kamloops Lion wrote:Crawford has been out of his depth since training camp up here in Kamloops.
I remain mystified why the coaching staff remains enamoured of this guy.
His passport?
Hawkballer 14
Champion

lion24 wrote:Looks like another game the Lions will piss away after a 20-0 lead but really, did anyone feel it was a comfortable lead anyway!!?? :bang:
Dead and buried at the half? :wag:
David
Team Captain

hwgill wrote:OK, what a stupid move by Lulay tossing it straight to the Stamp defender. That was just as bad as anything CP EVER did.
You need glasses.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Lulay 184 passing, 43 rushing at the half.

One dumb play, but I would have to give him good marks for his good plays.
hwgill
Legend

I like Manny giving the horse lady a big hug after his TD.

This is what Lulay has needed to do, stretch the D. Now that the Stamps know that he can stretch the field successfully, they have to be alot more careful. That, together with his ability to run makes a dangerous QB. All he needs to do now is learn to throw the ball away when he can't do anything else.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Credit the Stamps life and TD to Lions lack of discipline with the penalty that was stupid by Anton "the dummy" McKenzie.

Wally needed to send a message - he didn't . Printers exploits after the game didn't get a penalty.

The Lions did great to start. No way Calgary expected Lulay and Chaps to beat a blitz with a long pass.

Did I think it was safe at 20 to zip. No but this is the CFL and anything can happen.

What I did think was that Calgary might take BC lightly and why wouldn't this collectively think the game is in the bag.

Huffer might not be happy.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
joe kapp22
Legend

Hmm, fun half, the Stamps get the ball to open the second half so far after maybe 2 stops in the first half we haven't stopped them.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

So now what 2nd half adjustments can we expect from the Lions in the second half fans?

Suggestions???
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
lion24
Legend

49-31 Stamps :bang:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

No running game by the Lions. Lulay scrambled well, but we need to kill some clock.
joe kapp22
Legend

PigSkin_53 wrote:So now what 2nd half adjustments can we expect from the Lions in the second half fans?

Suggestions???
We are going to have to blitz a bit more, Burris is picking the D apart and the front 4 are not getting pressure.

Get Yonus Davis involved in the offense, if he beats the blitz he will run for a long way.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

hwgill wrote:I like Manny giving the horse lady a big hug after his TD.
Would call it more of a "Oh crap, do I run into the wall or the horse lady?"
hwgill
Legend

lion24 wrote:49-31 Stamps :bang:
Huh?????????
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker