Buck putting it on the line - Lowell Ullrich

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://communities.canada.com/THEPROVIN ... -line.aspx

Some excerpts from the blog today by Lowell Ullrich ...
The former Lions quarterback is set to take part in the University of Hawaii's pro day, set for Thursday in Carson, Calif., with the goal of proving that there is no validity to the reasons behind his release from the CFL team in early March.
Go get 'em, Buck. Follow the dream.
Stereotyping is rampant in the NFL and there are situations where it isn't much better in the CFL either. Pierce will be out to show he is not injury prone, and can still make a contribution. At least three NFL teams will be in attendance specifically to monitor him.
Buck would be ideal for some teams in the NFL. 3 NFL teams watching is encouraging.
The best news for Pierce is that TSN is sending a reporter and camera crew to the pro day for a piece that is scheduled to air Friday. With any luck, the rest of the CFL will be watching.
Buck's better opportunity may be with the NFL, rather than the CFL.

Whatever happens, I wish Buck the best. He is one of my all-time favourite B.C. Lions players. :beer:
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

How do you show you're not injury prone except by not getting hurt. I don't think that is likely to happen in a " try out ".

History has shown he is injury prone unfortunately.
David
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:Whatever happens, I wish Buck the best. He is one of my all-time favourite B.C. Lions players.
I suspect you're not alone. Not that he wasn't popular at during his time here - he was - but I have the feeling he'll be one of those guys who, for whatever reason, will be much more popular in retirement than he was during his playing days. I don't think most fans realized the extent to which he gutted it out for this team (see song: Big Yellow Taxi).

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
ziggy
Legend

I'm sorry to see him go and wish we could have kept him. I hope he gets a crack at an NFL team and shows his worth, if they have a way of measuring heart and desire, he'd always grade out at the top!
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

I don't think having an NFL tryout and release does anything for his value in the CFL. He's a known player already.

The only thing that changes is that if it doesn't work, he will then consider the CFL again. It seems he needs to get that out of his system one way or another.

I don't believe he is currently interested in the CFL until he investigates that opportunity.

However, that may take several months for him to really know whether he can get an NFL contract or not.

If he does, that will put him past the CFL TC's and may make him more of an emergency replacement plan. Teams will have rosters and SMS set. Adding a QB is more difficult during the season when the SMS needs to be considered.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Wheres Rammer? BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Sure hope Buck catches on somewhere else, and karma rears its not so ugly head.