2009-10 Vancouver Canucks Season Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

nelson95
Legend

wahhhhhh

Lionheart
Hall of Famer

For what?
nelson95
Legend

he knows what he did
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

nelson95 wrote:he knows what he did
All it's missing is the Punjabi accent.

"Somebody gonna get hurt... reeeeeal bad!"
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Rammer
Team Captain

Well it looks like the BC Lion syndrome has hit the Canucks once again, with a tie vs the Flames, and back to back losses against the Preditors and Wild respectively. This one hurt, Canucks didn't look ready, got back into the game in the second, and then were hammered in the third. No controversy on the calls tonight though, it wouldn't have mattered.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Well it looks like the BC Lion syndrome has hit the Canucks once again, with a tie vs the Flames, and back to back losses against the Preditors and Wild respectively. This one hurt, Canucks didn't look ready, got back into the game in the second, and then were hammered in the third. No controversy on the calls tonight though, it wouldn't have mattered.
Yes, a TIE. I'm glad I'm not the only one now who is officially not recognizing the after game entertainment. (which I don't find so entertaining)

The Canucks were the playing the best hockey in the league the month of December, and getting mentally tired for a brief time is understandable. After the way they lost last night, I'm not likin' Pittsburgh's chanced on saturday. I'm pretty sure they are ready to get back up to speed not only that but the chance to show that they easily beat a team like that. :thup:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

In the 2002-03 season, Markus Naslund led the league in goals and points until near the end of the season before losing the Art Ross and Rocket Richard trophies to rivals from the Avalanche: Forsberg and Hedjuk. No Canuck has ever won the Art Ross trophy, and with Henrik Sedin currently leading in points, let's see if he will be the first. :cr:
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Well, now that was an interesting week here in Canucklehead land. I can't recall anything like it. I was able to listen to the team all day and what fascinating stuff. I never thought I could lose and gain so much respect for people so quickly. Great radio today. I'm hoping this gives the team unity like what "towel power" did many years ago.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:Well, now that was an interesting week here in Canucklehead land. I can't recall anything like it. I was able to listen to the team all day and what fascinating stuff. I never thought I could lose and gain so much respect for people so quickly. Great radio today. I'm hoping this gives the team unity like what "towel power" did many years ago.
Are you referring to the Ron McClean topic of the day?
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Was there anything else?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Interesting stat prior to last night's 9-1 loss to Sharks: in the previous 7 games, the Flames had 11 goals.

In his previous 7 games, Alex Burrows also had 11 goals.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Ron McLean "read" Burrows' mind in that hatchet job with Campbell. I wonder how he would read this wink that Auger gave Burrows, after the interference penalty that decided the game. How about: "Gotcha. Payback for making me look bad."
Rammer
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:Ron McLean "read" Burrows' mind in that hatchet job with Campbell. I wonder how he would read this wink that Auger gave Burrows, after the interference penalty that decided the game. How about: "Gotcha. Payback for making me look bad."
I don't think that the wink is from that particular game, I may be mistaken though.

That McClean placed Burrows into a diving/whining style player has zero to do with the concern on the situation that Auger has presented and all but verified by the NHL now. Campbell said that Auger confirmed all but the out to get you that Burrows suggested in his post game rant, can be somewhat verified as directly afterwords Burrows told another player that he was in for a long night. Although it may be interpretive on Burrows behalf, lets face the facts of the penalties he was given, they all but dot the i's and cross the t's on this matter. It would be rather difficult to accept anything else on Auger's point of discussing the past penalty vs the Preditors with Alex for 35 seconds and the results during the course of the game.

That McClean based his statement using the word "fact" was also beyond strange. I guess he must have a long memory and got the Canucks fans back for the "crotch watcher" handle he took.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Who loses the most in this deal?

Auger is toast. Playoff games? I doubt it. Under the spotlight? Yup.

Burrows. He was already hated everywhere but Vancouver. His profile goes up. He keeps on scoring. He probably gets fewer calls against because of the spotlight on both him and the refs.

Canucks. No favours from the refs.

NHL. Not good. Integrity in question.

Campbell. Not good. Stooge along with McLean.

McLean. Twit. Totally biased piece. Cloaks himself in words like ethics and integrity. Pathetic but exposed now. Lost all credibility. Players won't be liking him. Who matters more to the game of hockey: players, referees or TV guy with big ego McLean? Players 1. Referees are important, but they are not supposed to decide games, and they are not supposed to get personally involved. McLean is nothing now, but a shill for the NHL, and a hatchet man against a very effective and annoying player who sucked Auger in earlier. McLean was even given the opportunity by the NHL to "referee" a period in an exhibition game: wow, give the twit a chance to think he has relevance in the game of hockey.
Rammer wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:Ron McLean "read" Burrows' mind in that hatchet job with Campbell. I wonder how he would read this wink that Auger gave Burrows, after the interference penalty that decided the game. How about: "Gotcha. Payback for making me look bad."
I don't think that the wink is from that particular game, I may be mistaken though.
About the wink ... saw it on TV the other night. It looked like it was right after the call against Burrows.

You can see the score of the Black Hawks - Blue Jackets game (Jan 17) beneath.

Just reviewed the tape. Yes, it definitely looks like the wink happened in this game, just after he called the penalty, and looking at Burrows.

Here's the link to the video ...

Lionheart
Hall of Famer

That's what I thought at first too. However when Blake Price was made aware of it he checked into it and says that no that wink was not after that call. Watch it again, and look for the lines. It seems that he was backing towards the boards on the other side of the rink. But, I'm sure he gave Alex the mental wink and smile one which Alex knew was in his heart.