2009-10 Vancouver Canucks Season Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Thanks Rammer. Having to face Glendale one of the top teams in the league is not enough, you have to add to their problems. :bang:
nelson95
Legend

Canucks will be better with the salary cap relief for Bieksa who has not had a good season
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

What do you mean? Canucks are better without him? There will be enough cap relief to get a better guy then him at the deadline?

Actually, the cap is very complex and it's not automatic that they will get any cap relief. Firstly I believe that the only way to get relief is if you are up against already and the Canucks are not quite.
Rammer
Team Captain

A very solid 1st and 3rd, but Luongo was the only one playing the 2nd, but a solid win none the less. Burrows has to be earning his paycheque now, all $2M of it, with his back to back hat tricks.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Seeing Kesler on the ice made me a bit quezzy I thought for sure there's another puddle of blood. :shock:
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:Seeing Kesler on the ice made me a bit quezzy I thought for sure there's another puddle of blood. :shock:
You must think that every game he plays, rare is the game that he isn't dragging himself off the ice at some point.

BTW, Samuelson's goal was the PoG and the back breaker for the Coyotes, after dominating the period they were down another goal....
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
BTW, Samuelson's goal was the PoG and the back breaker for the Coyotes, after dominating the period they were down another goal....
Very correct. During the "who should be the stars" banter I was looking at that goal alone as being the biggest 4 seconds of the game. However, third periods are our strong suit, and after such another poor second I think the Canucks come out in the third same regardless.
nelson95
Legend

Canucks should be in first given the easy schedule they have had

but that is soon to change....

Poor Rome, great hit, shi tty outcome. Too bad it wasn't a sister
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Well, last night's 4-0 thumping of the Coyotes sets a number of markers:

First four-game win streak of the season.
Burrows' second hat-trick in a row, first time that's happened for the Canucks since Petri Skriko did it in the 86/878 season.
Luongo's 50th career shutout
Henrik moves from a tie with Joe Thornton for points title, to a three-point lead on the Art Ross standings.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:Well, last night's 4-0 thumping of the Coyotes sets a number of markers:

First four-game win streak of the season.
Burrows' second hat-trick in a row, first time that's happened for the Canucks since Petri Skriko did it in the 86/878 season.
Luongo's 50th career shutout
Henrik moves from a tie with Joe Thornton for points title, to a three-point lead on the Art Ross standings.
Yeah, good stuff with the Canucks these days.

The Sedins have improved each year, and their level of play has shot up this year. It is very cool to see. They are creative and unique as Jason LaBarbera has said. Kind of the way Gretzky played, but with their own style.

They constantly move around, see possibilities even their own teammates and coaches don't see (except Burrows), slip passes through, and now, even shoot. Ha ha

Burrows has fit in so well with them. It is great watching these guys play. (Roberto ain't doin' bad either.)

As much as we have seen the Sedins improve over the years, it is still a pleasant surprise to see Henrik at the top of the scoring list. (I'm thinking we might as well get used to it.)
nelson95
Legend

It is a weak division(the worst in the league easily) so if the nucks can build up points with the light schedule they may weather the 14 game road trip.

Calgary in tomorrow after losing tonight
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:Well, last night's 4-0 thumping of the Coyotes sets a number of markers:
It wasn't a thumping, it was a cream. We CREAMED 'em
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

nelson95 wrote:It is a weak division(the worst in the league easily) so if the nucks can build up points with the light schedule they may weather the 14 game road trip.
So true.. I shudder when the Canucks go east. Those dreaded South east teams.. almost as scary as Nelson's fishing expiditions! :shock:
Rammer
Team Captain

If the Canucks can pull off the W tonight against the Flames, they will have taken the next step, IMO.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Naw. it would just be a nice two points. Wasn't the win in Cargeria five to one a "next step"? If not, why not?

In my mind (Alain impersonation) a creaming of San Jose would be a nice next step.