2009-10 Vancouver Canucks Season Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote: Game 1 done of an 8 game home stand, the Canucks need to rattle off at least 6 wins in that span.
Correction - Game two done. 2 - 0
Rammer
Team Captain

Update on the homestand 4 -1 with a large win over the Capitals. What a terrible call on the penalty shot, a penalty yes, but noway did that deserve a penalty shot, although it worked out for the Canucks, it seemed to be an influential call.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Well right or wrong it happened to the right guy. Semen who was the guy who had the big stare down with Roberto just before that. Now we know who actually got intimidated on that face to face. That was saweet! :rockin:
Rammer
Team Captain

5 -2 with one to go, a chance to hit the minimum mark that was pegged out for them in the beginning of the home stand.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

But, that last game will be a very challanging one. I'm not sure if the Canucks are up to the task of taking on such a team. :cr:
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:But, that last game will be a very challanging one. I'm not sure if the Canucks are up to the task of taking on such a team. :cr:
I have been thinking that the Canucks have been reminding me of the Lions, they should be doing better than their current state, but find a way to have a brain cramp just as I gain some confidence in their play.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Dave Tomlinson has been making that comparison on more than one occasion too. They do just well enough against a top team to make it seems they're getting it together then it all falls apart again. Good personel.. but so inconsistent.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Direct comparison of the Lions to the Canucks?? Solar Max's head will explode if he sees this!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:Dave Tomlinson has been making that comparison on more than one occasion too. They do just well enough against a top team to make it seems they're getting it together then it all falls apart again. Good personel.. but so inconsistent.
Well not that the Oilers are the real competition this season, especially this last stretch, but the Canucks ran their current home stand record to 6 - 2, about the minimal success rate to keep them in the hunt for a playoff run with the impending month away during the Olympics.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

A 5-1 smackdown of the Lames to start this road trip helps that average!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Rammer
Team Captain

Soundy wrote:A 5-1 smackdown of the Lames to start this road trip helps that average!
Huge start alright, beating the Flames in their building convincingly should put the Canucks over the hump, next game is the one I count on.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

In 2005 when the Lions went 11-0, everybody wondered whether the Lions would suffer a loss. And for this NFL season, everyone wondered if both the Colts and the Saints would suffer a loss, as well as the Patriots two seasons ago.

Okay, it looks it's time for a similar question for the Vancouver Canucks, albeit a different kind of losing. :hypno:

Will the Vancouver Canucks suffer an overtime loss this season? :juggle:

What are your thoughts on overtime losses? I guess it's bittersweet. :roll: On the one hand, an overtime loss is painful because the team was so close in winning. But on the other hand, it is a huge consolation indeed to get the single point as opposed to no points with a regulation loss. Had the Canucks replaced all of its 16 regulation losses with overtime losses instead, the team would be leading the Western Conference.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Rammer
Team Captain

Well just as I suspected, a shootout loss, just not able to get over the hump of a 3 game win streak. Is it just me or does Luongo's record on the shoot outs seem less than stellar for a top 4 GT?
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Just when you thought that everyone was finally going well for the team, the Vancouver Canucks received some awful news on the injury front Monday when they learned that they would be without defenceman Kevin Bieksa for up to three months with severed tendons in his left ankle. :bang:
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Rammer
Team Captain

Another game another win, I may just start believing in the Canucks now (sets up the next game loss with that statement).