Fire Wally

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I'm of the opinion that the originator of this thread with his massive 8 posts should just Foc Off. Have no use for people who deliberately try to stir it up.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

In minor sports, they enforce a 24 hour rule. If you are unhappy with your child's coach for some reason, you have to wait at least 24 hours before contacting them. It's a cooling off period, as they discover that, not surprisingly, things never look quite so bad in the light of a clear day than they looked right after the game. We all need to gain some perspective also.

Let's keep our bad years in context. This was considered a really bad year by recent BC standards, and we were 8-10. How about Argoland, where they have gone 4-14 and 3-15 the last two years? How about Hamilton and their record in the last decade? Think the fans in Winnipeg wouldn't want to trade coaches with us right now? I am also struck by how quickly the genius tag fades - John Hufnagel wore it last year, but it was nowhere to be seen yesterday.

If we have a losing record again next year, THEN you might want to take a look at the long term coaching situation. Talking about it right now is lunacy.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

ziggy wrote: As I said I don't think if we swapped coaching staff with the Als the outcome would have been different. As you yourself said in a later post, where you disect what went wrong, it was clearly not coaching errors but player brain cramps. Geroy not coming back as per scramble drill?
I will disagree with this. I'm pretty sure Geroy saw what I saw and that was Casey pointing to the endzone to take off. Geroy shook his man off... started up field but Casey didn't follow through with his request. :bang: