Casey Printers on TEAM 1040 Wednesday Night

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This is the busiest thread of the day, as it always is when CP's name comes up. And people wonder why Pratt brings it up on radio. Controversy sells.
Rammer
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:Looking at last season, Printers was bad on a brutal Hamilton team, while Jarious was brutal on a good BC team.
The only question I would have there is if Casey's performance was so much a product of a brutal Hamilton team why did rookie Quinton Porter look quite competent in comparison. Porter showed poise and confidence and looked far more capable of winning games for Hamilton than did Printers.
In defense of CP, I believe that his contract put a ton of weight on his shoulders. He attempted to live up to that salary and continuously tried to make something out of nothing, costing plays vs making them. I recall him scrambling and getting sacked 10 yards further back, rather than just tossing the ball away, not solid decisions. Now in BC that worked out with Geroy and company, not so much with Hamilton's receivers. Had he been more conservative, he may have had more success, but that wasn't what he was being paid for.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:This is the busiest thread of the day, as it always is when CP's name comes up. And people wonder why Pratt brings it up on radio. Controversy sells.
Exactly. You people that think Pratt is an idiot......what exactly are you talking about right now?

Printers is a story and a hot button topic. Stories get people talking and right now the topic is the CFL; what it should be. No people Pratt is no idiot, he is friend of the Lions and the CFL because he will talk about it and get others to do the same. look at the quote above, what does that tell you? Peel the onion and find the motive.

Whether you like Pratt's style or not is a different topic, but he is no dummy.
Rammer
Team Captain

Return To Den Still Possible Says Casey Printers

Jun. 10, 2009

The B.C. Lions will enter the 2009 CFL season knowing Buck Pierce will lead them as number one QB. Former Lions pivot Casey Printers joined The Football Show this evening and said a return to B.C. is something he has not ruled out.

“The best time of my football career, weather it was high school, college or pro, was when I was in BC," Printers told Glen Suitor.

Printers took a fall from grace after winning the Most Outsanding Player Award in 2004. Some may say it started when he was benched in the Grey Cup game that year, in favor of veteran Dave Dickenson. After a failed attempt with the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs, Printers returned to the CFL with Hamilton. That experiment ended when he was let go this off-season. It now appears Printers has changed his tune on the Lions after his ugly departure three and a half years ago.

“ When you’re around a bunch of Lions, you act like a Lion. Wally and his staff have a mentality of winning every single game. There’s not a mentality of well maybe, or if it is. We’re going to win if you’re onboard, " Printers said.

If the chance to come back to BC arises, Printers is confident he can fit in right away.

“I’ve always prided myself after being a Jacques Chapedlaine type of guy, which is he’s hungry to take advantage of what you do. That’s just the type of quarterback and person that I am. If that situation came about, which it may or it may not I’m cool with either way.”

You can catch the entire Casey Printers interview by clicking the link below.
Wow, that line surprises me given how JC didn't acknowledge CP during his time here...

Story and podcast here....http://www.team1040.ca/news/story/?id=2113
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

It would seem Wally is keeping his options open. As for Casey, he does not have any options right now, except to make nice. The CFL being what it is, an injury somewhere might give him a chance.

Will he be able to check his formerly arrogant attitude at the door? Will he be able to play the game as he did in 2004?

The entire story has not been written yet ...

(Pratt knows a good story and how to exploit it. I don't watch it or listen to it much. I've seen enough to find it tiresome as they beat stories to death, or talk about anything to fill the air time. Taylor looks bored. Pratt at least seems to have some fun being there.)
ziggy
Legend

I think he will end up going to Saskatchewan, his chances of comming back to BC are slim at best. I have a feeling the Riders will be looking for a QB long before we have any kind of injury backfill requirement. He still has talent, and I assume, the desire to play so he will likely go to the first team that comes calling. I'm sure he would like to come back to BC but the reality of his situation is that he can't sit around forever waiting to see if he gets a call from the Lions
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:This is the busiest thread of the day, as it always is when CP's name comes up. And people wonder why Pratt brings it up on radio. Controversy sells.
Exactly. You people that think Pratt is an idiot......what exactly are you talking about right now?

Printers is a story and a hot button topic. Stories get people talking and right now the topic is the CFL; what it should be. No people Pratt is no idiot, he is friend of the Lions and the CFL because he will talk about it and get others to do the same. look at the quote above, what does that tell you? Peel the onion and find the motive.

You're right LG.

While I appreciate that for many of us here it can be exasperating that Pratt seems to obsess about KC and his sunshine act, when we have all long since moved on, he has stated on the air that, among local teams, his first love is the Lions, not the Canux.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Look at how many hits this topic has had since this thread was yesterday. And we wonder why Pratt keeps bringing it up. I can guarantee no other Lions discussion comes close to generating calls than any topic regarding Printers. It's the same reason Rick Dhaliwal seemed to have weekly conversations with Medlock.

Until Buck has an injury free season and shows he has closed the gap between himself and Ray/Burris, the Casey Printers ghost will linger.
Wally has a lot of faith in Buck's ability and proved it by naming him the starter back in January.
But I also believe his pecking order would be Buck followed by Printers and that's why he is not closing the door. Jarious is 32 and a good team guy who compliments both of them as a back-up. It just wouldn't work having 2 guys here that are basically the same age and need to be on the field at this stage of their careers.
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Lion Guy wrote:

This is a very good point, Chalk me up as one who doesn't care much for his style, but he does talk Lions and CFL,

I heard Casey was a "problem" in the room in Hamilton and the same thing happened when he was here, tread cautiously.
Bighill is Badass
pennw
Legend

If CP's biggest downfall in Hamilton was his big salary , then the T-Cats could just re-sign him now at at a fire sale price could they not ? And then make him earn a spot the old fashion way . Obviously it wasn't only his price tag that got him cut there.
Rammer
Team Captain

pennw wrote:If CP's biggest downfall in Hamilton was his big salary , then the T-Cats could just re-sign him now at at a fire sale price could they not ? And then make him earn a spot the old fashion way . Obviously it wasn't only his price tag that got him cut there.
They could, however if you were just let go from a company ala Printers, how excited would you be coming back at half wages. Also if you are expected to be the leader of the team, how much respect would you generate doing that move. When a player is released like Printers was, it is an indication that they aren't happy with onfield performance, not necessarily his attitude, that we can only speculate on. From what I do see, Printers needs to tone down the me attitude and implement more of a team version, plus eliminate the emotional ups and downs that he displays during a game.
pennw
Legend

Or they could have told him his performance did not warrant the big salary and offered him to stay at a re-negotiated salary reflecting his performance or be cut . Being cut would allow him to shop himself around and still come back if he was unsuccessful at that ,with that re-negotiated offer on the table still . But they chose to simply cut him . To me that seems ti imply they were less then impressed with his ability .
Why has no team picked him up yet? Look at the Bombers , they released Dinwittie and Glenn , so who have they got ? Or the Riders ? Yet still , neither of those teams want him . It's almost as Printers has made a stigma of himself around the league , no one wants him , even as a #3 QB , as though he's an embarrassment or something .
I can't see how this can't be humbling to CP . One of those teams has nothing to lose ,to sign him as a #3 or 4 and make him work his way up from the bottom .
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Stegall says Printers looks awful. :dizzy:
http://www.team1040.ca/news/story/?id=2117
Bighill is Badass
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

AC/DC Rocks wrote:Stegall says Printers looks awful. :dizzy:
Anybody asked Stegall lately how Printers looks?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
AC/DC Rocks wrote:Stegall says Printers looks awful. :dizzy:
Anybody asked Stegall lately how Printers looks?
Still pretty awful, I bet... but not for the same reason ;)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.