East Division Final

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

orangegloves
Starter

I am thinking driving the 5 and half hours to Montreal from Toronto for the East Final next Sunday. Does anyone have any idea how many tickets have been sold yet? Also has anyone ever been to a game at Olympic Stadium? I'm looking for information on parking, restaurants, all that stuff. Anything would help!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

orangegloves wrote:I am thinking driving the 5 and half hours to Montreal from Toronto for the East Final next Sunday. Does anyone have any idea how many tickets have been sold yet? Also has anyone ever been to a game at Olympic Stadium? I'm looking for information on parking, restaurants, all that stuff. Anything would help!
There are 9,000 tickets left "for just $15 and $25," according to the Als' website
The_Pauser
Legend

I'm going to assume this is for more than just ticket talk.

Montreal's defense in the last part of the season especially, has shown that they are vulnerable to the deep ball. Both Michael Bishop and Kevin Glenn shreaded their DB's. I expect if our offense is going to be successful that we'll be seeing a lot of Casey to Geroy and Casey to Arceneaux. On the flip side, our defense has a lot to contend with. Cobourne ran for over 1000 yards (only Cates didn't really) and is very very dangerous out of the backfield. Plus there's also AC to deal with, who's a future hall of famer.

It should be a good one.
Roar you Lions roar!
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Keep in mind that the Quebexican is playing hurt right now. He may have healed up a bit on the bye week, but he is still not 100%. Montreal would have much rather seen Hamilton, that much you can guarantee...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

GO LIONS!
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Take in the BC/Montreal game then the Canadiens/Detroit game.
Leo_on_Rideau
Champion

orangegloves wrote:I am thinking driving the 5 and half hours to Montreal from Toronto for the East Final next Sunday. Does anyone have any idea how many tickets have been sold yet? Also has anyone ever been to a game at Olympic Stadium? I'm looking for information on parking, restaurants, all that stuff. Anything would help!
Olympic Stadium is not in a very nice part of town, but it is right on the green Métro line between Pie-IX and Viau stations. So if you don't want to park at the stadium (not sure of the rates) you can really park anywhere near a Métro station (not always necessarily the easiest thing in the world, but still) and take a relatively easy ride out east.

If you want to eat or go out before/after the game, that's not the neighborhood to do it in, though. There are interesting neighborhoods all over Montreal, but the city's main restaurant and nightlife stretch is up St. Lawrence Boulevard (Boulevard Saint-Laurent), as well as St-Denis a few blocks to the east. Tourists tend to foolishly stick around Ste-Catherine which doesn't have nearly as much buzz and is far seedier (most of the hotels and strip clubs are around there, catering to 18-year old Vermonters, which is a large reason why tourists are sucked in by mistake). In the western half of downtown, Crescent Street (rue Crescent, not Croissant surprisingly) is also a nightlife hub for the dressed-to-the-nines crowd.

If you need more information, just ask -- I lived there for a few years, plus my Mom's an anglo-Montrealer and my wife is a franco-Montrealer, so I have all the bases covered. ;)
Ballistic Bob
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:I'm going to assume this is for more than just ticket talk.

Montreal's defense in the last part of the season especially, has shown that they are vulnerable to the deep ball. Both Michael Bishop and Kevin Glenn shreaded their DB's. I expect if our offense is going to be successful that we'll be seeing a lot of Casey to Geroy and Casey to Arceneaux. On the flip side, our defense has a lot to contend with. Cobourne ran for over 1000 yards (only Cates didn't really) and is very very dangerous out of the backfield. Plus there's also AC to deal with, who's a future hall of famer.

It should be a good one.
Hate to break it to you but it is about tix and parking etc. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Robbie
Hall of Famer

You must be thinking that I'm dying to reply to this thread:

http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... f=2&t=7931

But I still try to write in posts with an accurate Subject line. And IMHO, I think there's a huge difference between Eastern and Western. Therefore, I think this thread is appropriate for the reminder.

A friendly reminder that for those who will be going to Olympic Stadium for the East Division Final, after the game remember to stay for the trophy presentation as the Lions hope to win this trophy that they've never, ever won before.

祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

why the hell would you post THAT pic?
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:why the hell would you post THAT pic?
Inspiration to win that trophy, of course! One at a time!
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Area51
All Star

JohnHenry wrote:BC Lions - East Division Champions!
:bb: Hats off to Lions owner David Braley who is paying extra for a charter flight to Montreal, despite the league paying for airline travel in the playoffs. The charter flight will save the team much time and hassle at airports on both ends, over a regular Air Canada flight. :thup:

The league should have paid the extra cost to charter after the flight debacle from the last game. Some players got to fly back Sunday others had to wait to leave throughout the day on Monday. Four different flights to go back to BC. No big deal though, right? It's not like the Lions have to get back on a plane in a couple of days and fly across the country again.
bclions16
Champion

Area51 wrote: The league should have paid the extra cost to charter after the flight debacle from the last game. Some players got to fly back Sunday others had to wait to leave throughout the day on Monday. Four different flights to go back to BC. No big deal though, right? It's not like the Lions have to get back on a plane in a couple of days and fly across the country again.
I hadn't heard about this. Any more details or a link? Why would be league be responsible for a flight debacle?
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Rammer
Team Captain

bclions16 wrote:
Area51 wrote: The league should have paid the extra cost to charter after the flight debacle from the last game. Some players got to fly back Sunday others had to wait to leave throughout the day on Monday. Four different flights to go back to BC. No big deal though, right? It's not like the Lions have to get back on a plane in a couple of days and fly across the country again.
I hadn't heard about this. Any more details or a link? Why would be league be responsible for a flight debacle?
If the home team doesn't purchase the playoff date from the league, the league is responsible for the visiting teams costs to be there, otherwise the host team who purchased the game is responsible.
Entertainment value = an all time low