Riders 33 - Lions 30 OT Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
C. PRINTERS 19/31 339 2 1

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
G. SIMON 6 142 0 40
E. ARCENEAUX 4 68 1 34
P. JACKSON 4 56 0 20
M. BUMPUS 3 27 1 29
A. HARRIS 1 32 0 32
O. WILSON 1 14 0 14

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
M. MALLETT 11 44 0 8
C. PRINTERS 6 17 0 7
A. HARRIS 3 26 0 16

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
P. MCCALLUM 3/3 46 3/3 12

Punting NO AVG NET LG
P. MCCALLUM 11 42.3 361 57

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
M. BUMPUS 8 96 12.0 40 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
P. MCCALLUM 6 358 70 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. GEORGE 5 136 27.2 37 0
M. MALLETT 1 32 32.0 32 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
J. ARMOUR 8 0 0 0
T. GEORGE 6 0 0 0
S. WILLIAMS 5 0 0 0
R. PHILLIPS 5 0 0 0
D. MARSH 4 0 0 0
K. BANKS 4 0 0 0
D. TONEY 3 0 0 0
A. MCKENZIE 3 0 0 0
B. JOHNSON 2 0 0 0
T. CRAWFORD 2 0 0 0
R. FOLEY 1 0 0 0
G. SIMON 1 0 0 0
A. HUNT 1 0 0 0
B. MILES 0 0 2 0
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
D. DURANT 27/46 319 2 2

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
R. BAGG 8 124 1 60
A. FANTUZ 5 56 0 21
J. QUINN 4 50 1 29
W. CATES 4 44 0 32
C. GETZLAF 4 30 0 10
J. ARMSTEAD 1 8 0 8
J. CLERMONT 1 7 0 7

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
W. CATES 15 58 0 6
D. DURANT 2 27 0 19
S. FOORD 2 4 0 3
R. BAGG 1 10 0 10
C. SZARKA 1 4 0 4
J. ARMSTEAD 1 2 0 2
S. JYLES 1 1 1 1

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
L. CONGI 3/5 49 2/2 12

Punting NO AVG NET LG
L. CONGI 9 41.6 278 54

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
J. ARMSTEAD 7 104 14.9 54 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
L. SAKODA 5 354 75 0
L. CONGI 1 53 53 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
J. ARMSTEAD 4 110 27.5 43 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
T. KORNEGAY 6 0 0 0
S. BAGGS 5 0 0 0
J. FREEMAN 5 0 0 0
J. PATRICK 4 0 1 0
M. ADAMS 4 0 0 0
S. LUCAS 3 2 0 0
O. MORGAN 3 0 0 0
E. DAVIS 2 1 0 0
C. MCKENZIE 2 0 0 0
R. WILLIAMS 2 0 0 0
K. SHOLOGAN 1 0 0 0
D. ALEXANDER 1 0 0 0
J. CHICK 1 0 0 0
J. CLERMONT 1 0 0 0
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I see 13 penalties to B.C. and 5 to the Riders.

I see a phantom procedure call on Jimenez.

I see Geroy held and pushed with the ball in the air.

I see Geroy screened by a defender who has his back to the ball while his partner picks off the Int at the end.

I sure get the impression it is some home cooking in Regina.

I see the Riders leading with their helmets on tackles.

I see a Rider manage to fall on Casey long after he is down. It does get disgusting.
PENALTIES
Play# Qtr Team Player Penalty YDS Status
175 5 Lions J. JIMENEZ Procedure 5 Accepted
172 5 Lions S. HAJI-RASOULI Procedure 5 Accepted
157 4 Lions J. JIMENEZ Procedure 5 Accepted
143 4 Lions P. JACKSON Offside Declined
134 4 Lions J. JIMENEZ Holding 10 Accepted
120 4 Lions J. ARMOUR Forward Pass Interference 10 Accepted
115 3 Lions D. VALLI Holding 10 Accepted
97 3 Roughriders R. BAGG Offside Declined
96 3 Lions B. MILES Unnecessary Roughness 15 Accepted
96 3 Roughriders G. MAKOWSKY Holding 10 Accepted
95 3 Lions P. MCCALLUM Illegal Kick-off 20 Accepted
90 3 Roughriders J. CLERMONT Offside 5 Accepted
67 2 Lions P. MCCALLUM Illegal Kick-off 29 Accepted
58 2 Lions R. FOLEY Offside 5 Accepted
54 2 Roughriders M. PARENTEAU Procedure 5 Accepted
47 2 Roughriders G. MAKOWSKY Holding Declined
45 2 Lions C. SMITH No Yards 15 Accepted
15 1 Lions C. SMITH Offside Declined
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Mallet was our leading rusher with 44 yards. Pathetic. We've won our last two games because we ran the ball well. So naturally The Chap forgets about the run. CP played well, but with a first and goal from the 8 in OT, the ball never should have left his hands. Holy Grey Cup 1988, Batman. Only thing close to the horrible job from The Chap was the job done by the zebras.

We should be in first place tonight, with the division title in our own hands. But we are not. That's what has me so pissed off tonight.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:Mallet was our leading rusher with 44 yards. Pathetic. We've won our last two games because we ran the ball well. So naturally The Chap forgets about the run. CP played well, but with a first and goal from the 8 in OT, the ball never should have left his hands. Holy Grey Cup 1988, Batman. Only thing close to the horrible job from The Chap was the job done by the zebras.

We should be in first place tonight, with the division title in our own hands. But we are not. That's what has me so pissed off tonight.
I'm not so sure you'd be criticizing him if the refs called PI on the Riders.

But whatever, it's in the past now. We need to prepare for Calgary.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Lion_Pride_26 wrote:
Belize City Lion wrote:Mallet was our leading rusher with 44 yards. Pathetic. We've won our last two games because we ran the ball well. So naturally The Chap forgets about the run. CP played well, but with a first and goal from the 8 in OT, the ball never should have left his hands. Holy Grey Cup 1988, Batman. Only thing close to the horrible job from The Chap was the job done by the zebras.

I'm not so sure you'd be criticizing him if the refs called PI on the Riders.

But whatever, it's in the past now. We need to prepare for Calgary.
um, yes I would. I was saying from early on in this game that we needed to remember the run. Typical Chap Ball... no balance to the attack... nothing unpredictable... and go for 6 yards when you really need 8.
OV - 54:40
Champion

Great game by Casey; great game by Barron Miles; Simon was Simon. Otherwise, not that much overly impressive IMO.

Coulda been interference against Simon on that last play pick, but Printers should never have thrown it up for grabs in that situation.

Geezus Cripes; the homer cry-baby whining / blaming officials for your fave team's loss and calling the CFL "bush league" sure is rampant on a lot of CFL fan forums. :thdn:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Darren Toney sure made Rob Bagg look All-Pro on those 2 long passes.

When will Wally take a critical look at his completely ineffective short yardage "package." I use the term short yardage with derision. We dont' have a package. On Casey's effort 2 unblocked Riders had clean shots at him.

Our scheme against the Riders' blitz schemes was horrible. Only Casey's great elusiveness kept him from being killed. Very often, he dodged 2 or 3 defenders before throwing on the dead run.

I give full credit to Casey for a fantastic game. He made plays, where there were no plays. He discovered a guy called Geroy Simon and made him a factor.

Our defence is so dayum vanilla, especially at crucial times. Our blitzes are getting a bit better, but tend to be predictable. We did actually load up the LOS one time I saw near the end. But Wally wants to be so dayum conservative it hurts.

We did not use screens vs the rush. We did not use dump passes over the middle. We hung Casey out to dry (no extra blitz-prevent blocking observed by me) and he juked and dodged, bobbed and weaved.
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
C. PRINTERS 19/31 339 2 1
Fantastic game. He made chicken salad today. And he had some help.
Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
G. SIMON 6 142 0 40
Hello. Casey sure did find Geroy today.
E. ARCENEAUX 4 68 1 34
Nice after burners, Dude.
M. BUMPUS 3 27 1 29
Hello. He can catch.
A. HARRIS 1 32 0 32
I like this guy.

STs .... Hmmmm Boy did we miss Jason Arakgi. OMG.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Riders did a good job of taking away the B.C. run. They stacked the box and forced the Lions into second and long, where they blitzed Printers effectively in the early going. Credit the Rider defence for winning the battle in the trenches. It came down to a passing game for both teams and the Riders made one more play when it counted.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

OV - 54:40 wrote: Geezus Cripes; the homer cry-baby whining / blaming officials for your fave team's loss and calling the CFL "bush league" sure is rampant on a lot of CFL fan forums. :thdn:
Sorry, but It's hard not to be angry at the officials when they miss a call like they did on last play of the game.

Casey should not have thrown that ball, but Pass Interference should've been called.

:2cents:
Last edited by Lion_Pride_26 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFITQ
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:The Riders did a good job of taking away the B.C. run. They stacked the box and forced the Lions into second and long, where they blitzed Printers effectively in the early going. Credit the Rider defence for winning the battle in the trenches. It came down to a passing game for both teams and the Riders made one more play when it counted.
Huge credit. our oline was made to look like swiss cheese on many occassions, and our Dline was no where to be seen. Was the sack king for the Lions even on the field? The battle in the trenches was sure a difference maker in this game. Our blitzes kept getting picked up, whereas the Riders blitzes dictated what we did.

Despite losing the battle in the trenches, however, we still came darn close to knocking them off. But too many poorly executed plays and lousy play calling (blame both this game) still cost us the game in the end.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

I agree, but dont like your anger cloud your judgement, we still would have been a point behind Calgary
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Rammer
Team Captain

OV - 54:40 wrote:Great game by Casey; great game by Barron Miles; Simon was Simon. Otherwise, not that much overly impressive IMO.

Coulda been interference against Simon on that last play pick, but Printers should never have thrown it up for grabs in that situation.

Geezus Cripes; the homer cry-baby whining / blaming officials for your fave team's loss and calling the CFL "bush league" sure is rampant on a lot of CFL fan forums. :thdn:
Well with the game on the line, all any fan forum wants is a legitimate call one way or the other and in this case even you know that didn't happen. Still it was unfortunate that CP allowed the game to be decided by the officials, he didn't need to do that with another down from the 8 to outright win the game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:[
I agree, but dont like your anger cloud your judgement, we still would have been a point behind Calgary
true, we'd be 1 point behind Calgary with a chance to take over first place next week.
orangegloves
Starter

The Lions can still finish in 2nd right? If they beat Calgary and then Calgary loses to Saskatchewan on the last game of the Season, Lions would finish with 20pts, Stamps with 19pts. I know its a long shot, and I really don't know what is worse the Western Final in Regina or Calgary? Also I would like to point out just how annoying I find Rider fan. I know they have nothing else in that province, but seriously they are getting as bad as Red Sox fan. The act like they win the Grey Cup every time they complete a pass, it is getting to much for me. Can't they please go back to the ways of the early 90's and lose all the time. Also my thumb is down to Hockey Canada today after announcing that Canada will be wearing a green jersey at the World Junior Hockey Championships this year in Saskatoon. Why is hockey Canada doing this? As a tribute to the Riders, screw you! Where was the orange one when the tourney was in BC or Blue for that matter!! They've already made 20 million dollars off the new Olympic hockey jersey, now they need a special jersey to tribute the Riders for a hockey tournament, give me an F-ing break! I've had enough of this stupid Rider nation!!! Sorry for the rant everyone I just really had to get that off my chest!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

OV - 54:40 wrote:
We don't cry about the officiating here @ lionbakers.com, though the holding on our D-Line has been happening with regularity all season long, but tonight we weren't going to take it with our ass over the barrel again without a protest.

If the shoe fit those fagot cinderella zebras let them wear it with their ballroom gowns. :puke:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis