Lions annual Fanfest set for Sunday!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions Communications
Starter

(Vancouver) – The BC Lions are pleased to invite fans to the club’s 2009 Training Camp Fan Festival this Sunday, June 14th from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Rotary Stadium, in beautiful Abbotsford, BC.

For all the details: http://bclions.com/article/bc-lions-fan ... for-sunday
2Davis2SanchezFan
prospect

how's that highway on a sunday??...starts at 1 what time should i leave ill be comin from Surrey

if I do happen to make it out(unless something else comes up) I'll be the 5'7" guy in a Seahawks or Lions Shirt(I know there will be plenty of 5'7" people in lions gear there) however, I am not hard to miss.
CFL Fan, NFL Fan, NBA Fan, MLB Fan. Love playing Sports.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

highway is good on sunday unless u are heading west. I'll be in my steenbergen #13 jersey (thats me, for those of you that dont know). Bob, u better come. Who else will hit on 40 something women for me???
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
pennw
Legend

2Davis2SanchezFan wrote:how's that highway on a sunday??...starts at 1 what time should i leave ill be comin from Surrey
You don't get out much ? It's usually pretty easy on a Sunday . Surry to Abby is approximately a 20 minute drive on the #1 .
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Have fun everyone...

Drive safely and return home sound with plenty of tales to share. :yahoo:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Rammer
Team Captain

2Davis2SanchezFan wrote:how's that highway on a sunday??...starts at 1 what time should i leave ill be comin from Surrey

if I do happen to make it out(unless something else comes up) I'll be the 5'7" guy in a Seahawks or Lions Shirt(I know there will be plenty of 5'7" people in lions gear there) however, I am not hard to miss.
Rather lousy today, I couldn't take it any longer and jumped to the Albion Ferry after a half hour drive on the #1 to 264th. :bang:
Entertainment value = an all time low
zark
Champion

So what happened? For those unable to attend for whatever reason, 'do tell'.
Was it good for kids? Were there any good freebies?
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Me and bob were there with acdc rules. Didnt see too many other ppl I've met from here, whats the deal??? All too high and mighty to jaunty down to abbotsford for a sunday?
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Something like that.

Actually, I was out there yesterday, and last Sunday. Be that as it may, I was torn between some personal commitment, the Golden Ears opening and Fanfest. When push came to shove, I opted to stay home, forego the personal commitment, the Golden Ears chaos and Fanfest.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Here's Mike Beamish's report for the Vancouver Sun, which notes strong perforances by Buck Pierce, Andrew Harris and Greg Hetherington, among others.
Lions knuckle down as pre-season looms
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Mike Beamish wrote:Smart, however, appears to be pulling away as the leading candidate to replace feature back Stefan Logan, which is why the Lions are experimenting with different punt and kick returners. Head coach Wally Buono has made it clear that his feature back’s duties will be restricted to the backfield.

Buono, meanwhile, might want to draw up a contract and consider a place for junior Andrew Harris on his developmental roster. Harris, 22, looks as if he belongs among the import running backs and scored touchdowns on runs of nine, 22 and 65 yards.

“He runs hard,” Pierce said. “He needs to lower his pads a little bit between the tackles because, in a game, they’ll knock your head off. But he has good open-field speed and he runs very, very well. And he has a few moves in there.”

“If it was a live game, I probably wouldn’t have sprung a couple of those runs,” Harris admitted.

“But nobody wrapped me up so I kept running. I’m trying to make this team so I’m not going to go light [on anybody].”
The strong showing of Ian Smart and Andrew Harris at running back could open roster spots for a couple of extra import receivers. For much of last season, the Lions dressed three import backs, including Smart, who was used primarily as a returner. They could get away with having just one this year, if Harris is available as insurance.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote: The strong showing of Ian Smart and Andrew Harris at running back could open roster spots for a couple of extra import receivers. For much of last season, the Lions dressed three import backs, including Smart, who was used primarily as a returner. They could get away with having just one this year, if Harris is available as insurance.
I really liked the looks of Harris as well-I think it was Saturday morning's practice where he broke like 2-3 tackles and just kept going-really exciting to watch! :beauty:
Real women wear orange!!
David
Team Captain

Bang-on assessment by Beamish.

* Great showings by some young non-imports: I'll be shocked if Yurichuk doesn't develop into a better player than Pottinger. He hits like a truck and has great instincts. Could have had an easy sack today on the blitz but had to slow up - he was closing in on our #1 QB after all. I love this kid already!

* Harris was our best running back today; great speed and determination (although only 3 backs were featured: Harris, Smart, and Mallett).

* Hetherington looked great out there. A big, agile target with great mits. Had 3 touchdowns.

* Buck had a very strong afternoon. A real 'statement' game now that he's been anointed our #1 quarterback. That first strike to Rodgers was a peach.

* Jarious started slowly but found his groove late and racked up a bunch of touchdown passes.

* Lulay looked pretty good too. I would put him ahead of Champion on the basis of today's performance. One of his passes was nearly picked off by Banks. Champion threw some sharp short passes.

* McCallum was good on all his field goals but struggled with his kick-offs and his punts didn't travel far. I would not read anything into that. It's important to note that Anderson won't be kicking off this year; I just hope McCallum's leg doesn't get burned out doing 3 chores.

* Whyte was frankly, a bit of a disappointment given what he's been doing in practice. Missed 2 field goals wide and didn't have a great day punting. Good on kick-offs though.

* Hard to assess the line play. D isn't going all out to destroy someone, but Rayford seemed to get consistent pressure. DB William Heyward broke up a pass and DB Darren Toney had a pic.

* Rookie receivers acquitted themselves nicely. Although on the smallish size, Terence Scott made some nice catches. Arceneaux looks good as well. Of the vets Geroy looked in mid-season form with a fantastic TD catch and Cory Rodgers will not give up his roster spot quietly. I think we're going to be much stronger at receiver this year than last. Running back is a mild concern for me at the moment.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

I was sitting in the stands when Wally was answering questions, while the MC was easily heard Wally wasn't as loud. Most of the qustions were difficult to hear as well, unless they were repeated by the MC, although to my amusement a young voice piped over loud and clear..."Why did you get rid of Tyrone Williams?". I would have enjoyed to see the look on Wally's face and much moreso the answer....anyone....
Entertainment value = an all time low
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I know the black jerseys are just for camp, but DAMN they look good with the orange pants. Just sayin. :roar:
Real women wear orange!!