Once again the CFL gets it right with TV coverage

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Big Time
Champion

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=281459

I can't say enough how much I enjoy the CFL coverage on TSN, and the fact that every single game will be broadcast in HD on TSN this year is just fantastic. Considering how CBC still does not understand how to choose and broadcast hockey games on HNIC, it's great to see that TSN gets it with regard to CFL broadcasts.

Can't wait for kickoff!
almo89
Legend

I wonder if all of the HD broadcasts will be blackout free like last season because they are national broadcasts. Hope they are
Spud387
Champion

almo89 wrote:I wonder if all of the HD broadcasts will be blackout free like last season because they are national broadcasts. Hope they are
Not a concern if you are a season ticket holder... :2cents: :)
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:
almo89 wrote:I wonder if all of the HD broadcasts will be blackout free like last season because they are national broadcasts. Hope they are
Not a concern if you are a season ticket holder... :2cents: :)
Or live on the island.....oh wait......;) Hopefully this season Shaw/TSN/Lions will remember that the island is OUTSIDE the blackout area. Never did find out whose fault that was!
Real women wear orange!!
zark
Champion

Black- outs aren't a worry in Kamloops,especially the rural parts. But I hope they don't do the TSN 2 thing. I've never liked a monopoly.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
orangegloves
Starter

If someone from TSN just so happens to read this PLEASE CHANGE THE THEME MUSIC!!!! It is terrible. CBC had the best theme music for the CFL. The past one was great but the best was from the mid to late 90's! So TSN, please change the music, the Friday Night Football theme is so bush league, it must go!
David
Team Captain

An updated cover version of this classic tune by Australia's The Easybeats as the new theme song to "Friday Night Football" would be rad. This was garage punk before it had even been invented.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Spud387
Champion

zark wrote:Black- outs aren't a worry in Kamloops,especially the rural parts. But I hope they don't do the TSN 2 thing. I've never liked a monopoly.
All games on TSN with a replay 3hrs later on TSN2..... I'd say that is damn wicked!
giwiens
Starter
Location: you can know where I was or my direction of travel but not both

Spud387 wrote:
zark wrote:Black- outs aren't a worry in Kamloops,especially the rural parts. But I hope they don't do the TSN 2 thing. I've never liked a monopoly.
All games on TSN with a replay 3hrs later on TSN2..... I'd say that is damn wicked!
I'd rather it was 4 hours after game time so I have a chance to get home from BC Place before the rebroadcast starts. :wink:
Roar Lions Roar
almo89
Legend

Best CFL theme ever used:

Too bad TSN doesn't have the rights to this one.
orangegloves
Starter

almo89 wrote:Best CFL theme ever used:

Too bad TSN doesn't have the rights to this one.
I put that at number 2 of all time. The best was CBC's most current one they used until their last broadcast in 2007. I think they used it from 2002-2007 if only TSN could have bought that one as well!
2Davis2SanchezFan
prospect

I am a HUGE CFL Fan, I will be attending a few games this year hope to see some of you there
CFL Fan, NFL Fan, NBA Fan, MLB Fan. Love playing Sports.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

David wrote:An updated cover version of this classic tune by Australia's The Easybeats as the new theme song to "Friday Night Football" would be rad. This was garage punk before it had even been invented.

DH
David that was just a shameless plug for the Ausie "Eastbeats" ...admit it dude! :wink:

Seriously through I was 14 years old or so when this tune broke on the charts and was immidiately, and ofcouse totally awesome.

These guy showed the "Procal Harum" and the "Moody Blues" the way.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:
David wrote:An updated cover version of this classic tune by Australia's The Easybeats as the new theme song to "Friday Night Football" would be rad. This was garage punk before it had even been invented.

DH
David that was just a shameless plug for the Ausie "Eastbeats" ...admit it dude! :wink:

Seriously through I was 14 years old or so when this tune broke on the charts and was immidiately, and ofcouse totally awesome.

The main guys in the Easybeats Vanda & Young re-emerged in the later '70s as Flash And The Pan with the big hit "Hey St. Peter".

I have that Friday On My Mind album. It's great.
OV - 54:40
Champion

Lions4ever wrote:
PigSkin_53 wrote:

DH

The main guys in the Easybeats Vanda & Young re-emerged in the later '70s as Flash And The Pan with the big hit "Hey St. Peter".

I have that Friday On My Mind album. It's great.
That Flash & the Pan album is most excellent; isn't Young the older brother of the Young bros. of AC/DC?