Murphy Testing FA Feb 16th

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David wrote: Certainly, selling his house in Cloverdale is not a good sign (but it would be one hell of a good negotiating ploy! :wink:).

Not the best business move given the current economic situation.
David
Team Captain

Agreed. But I was suggesting (rather facetiously) that the "For Sale" sign might mysteriously disappear from his front lawn if he gets a deal done with Wally. :popcorn:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Dan Russell
Legend

Where ever Murphy lands he will be back to his 06' and 07' form unlike last year where he had to deal with the triplett situation. This guy is probably the best linemen in the CFL so we have to and will forget his 08' campaign.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Dan Russell wrote: This guy is probably the best linemen in the CFL
Wow. There's more than one of him?
Dan Russell
Legend

Lions4ever wrote:
Dan Russell wrote: This guy is probably the best linemen in the CFL
Wow. There's more than one of him?

My grammar was definately not up to par in that post.
firstdown45

I assume this article implies Rob Murphy is signing with Hamilton (no surprise as the mass exodus from B.C. continues):

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/Sports ... ID=1058317

quote: "Lions soon-to-be free agent offensive lineman Rob Murphy will be in Hamilton on Feburary 16 at a press conference to announce his signing on the opening day of CFL free agency."

If he's in Hamilton for a press conference Feb 16 I'd assume he's signing with the Ti Cats.

That should free up some cap room to make an offer to Jason Medlock for Printers.

At any rate, the train is getting full of people who want out of B.C.
Last edited by firstdown45 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

firstdown45 wrote:I assume this article implies Murphy is signing with Hamilton:

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/Sports ... ID=1058317

quote: "Lions soon-to-be free agent offensive lineman Rob Murphy will be in Hamilton on Feburary 16 at a press conference to announce his signing on the opening day of CFL free agency. "

Murphy is signing with who? If he's in Hamilton for a press conference Feb 16 I'd asume it's signing with the Ti Cats.

That should free up some cap room to make an offer to Jason Medlock for Printers
Printers may as well stay in Hammy now if Murph signs there. At least he'll have somebody decent on the left side to compensate for KC's complete lack of ability to sense backside pressure.

Unless it's Labinjo, of course.
Tighthead
Legend

I would be happy with Jiminez, Stith and Sorenson as our top 3 tackles going into TC.

Loved the first two years of Murphy, but would be fearful of overpaying him now. I wish him well and hope he gets his Mojo back in Hamilton.
bclions16
Champion

firstdown45 wrote: At any rate, the train is getting full of people who want out of B.C.
Aside from players trying the NFL and players being cut by the Lions, who else is filling this train?
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Tighthead
Legend

bclions16 wrote:
firstdown45 wrote: At any rate, the train is getting full of people who want out of B.C.
Aside from players trying the NFL and players being cut by the Lions, who else is filling this train?
Matt Kirk.

Don't forget to add Dallas to your list like you promised. Now.
bclions16
Champion

I hope Matt can find a seat, no standees allowed.

Shoot, I forgot to update my list. How did you know? Anyway, I'm really sorry.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
firstdown45

wouldn't it be better if we could have a train full of players coming into B.C. instead of getting the hell out because of Wally Buono?
bclions16
Champion

firstdown45 wrote:wouldn't it be better if we could have a train full of players coming into B.C. instead of getting the hell out because of Wally Buono?
I think that's a great idea. But I don't think the league will allow us to have more players than the other teams. Also, if we never cut anyone or have anyone leave, payroll might become a problem. Poor Willie Fleming would surely break a hip if he was still on the roster.

FD, you didn't answer my question. Who else is on this train? And a follow up question: is there a dining car and sleeping compartments on this train, or is it more of a commuter?

One last thing... will the train make a stop at the boat show?
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Fd45's train hasn't made a stop in years.

The FA Express that he cries for won't be arriving in BC until Feb 15th.....but him following the league so closely, of course he knew that......

Not.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008