More zone than I've ever seen

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

korey&dante4ever
Champion

It seemed as though after Sadeeq Shabazz (Edm. saftety) got ejected from the game the Eskimos played a ton of zone defense (and i mean A TON), which seemed to really confuse Buck and our offense. It might have been the Eskimos only choice to play zone, because when I saw Scott Coe go on to the field to play safety for the esks, even i was licking my chops in the stands.
Zone is more of a team defense and in this way it helped to "hide" the vulnerable scott coe at safety.
It's unfortunate that we werent prepared for this because even Wally said he was surprised at the amount of zone the esks played.
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
zark
Champion

the coaches have never seen zone before?they had alot of time to adjust and our receivers are very talented.Buck had a lousy game and should own up to to it.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Rammer
Team Captain

zark wrote:the coaches have never seen zone before?they had alot of time to adjust and our receivers are very talented.Buck had a lousy game and should own up to to it.
It may have been a different D than expected, somewhat forced to do when Shabazz was punted from the game, but Buck was over throwing, missing by a few yards, or not setting his feet when he had time to so, and balls were knocked down. Thankfully the Eskimo DB's don't have the hands that our DB's do, or the turnover ration would have been worse.

Sometimes you just don't have the touch, tonight that was Buck's situation, conversely some nights you can't miss and that was Ricky Ray's night.
Entertainment value = an all time low
zark
Champion

I liked jarius's attitude if not his results.If your not doing it.change.they kept buck in too long.geroy CAN get open.throw it buck.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx