Cam Wake

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions33
Starter

Hey there is a group on facebook for Cam Wake. so join it if you think Cam Wake is a beast! 15 sack i would say he is a beast
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31203295845
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Damn i hate facebook. But cam wake is awesome.

from tsn.ca :

Cameron Wake is proving he's no one-hit wonder.

The six-foot-three, 265-pound Wake burst on to the CFL scene last year, transforming from an unheralded U.S. college outside linebacker into one of the league's most feared pass rushers. Wake posted a league-high 16 sacks en route to capturing the CFL's outstanding rookie and defensive player awards.

This season, Wake has picked up where he left off in 2007. Through 11 games he's again leading the CFL in sacks with 15, giving him seven games to break the league's single-season record of 26.5 established by former Lion James (Quick) Parker in 1984.

"I don't know what it (Parker's record) is but I do know it's much more than I have right now," Wake said. "There's a lot more I need to do for our offence (than rush the passer).

"All I know is I didn't want to have a sophomore jinx this season."

No such worries as Wake has almost twice as many sacks as his nearest competitor, which happens to be teammate Brent Johnson (eight sacks).

Wake was a defensive force for B.C. in last week's 28-23 win over Saskatchewan, registering six tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble. As a team, the Lions (6-5) sacked the quarterback six times, something the Riders (8-3) addressed this week leading up to their rematch Saturday at Mosaic Stadium on Saturday (TSN, 9:30 p.m. ET).

"We just need to play better," said Riders centre Jeremy O'Day. "There were a number of factors that went into last week and we've had a week of practice to clean things up."

Prior to the game, the Roughriders will honour the memory of CFL legend Ron Lancaster, who died Thursday at the age of 69. Lancaster spent 17 seasons in Saskatchewan, leading the franchise to five Grey Cup appearances and its first league championship in '66.

To pay tribute to Lancaster, the Riders will wear their retro jerseys and will have No. 23 decals on their helmets.

Inside Mosaic Stadium, the flags will be flying at half mast and special markings with be placed on the turf. The game will begin with a video tribute and a moment of silence.

Once action begins, O'Day says the Riders can't afford to concentrate on just stopping Wake because that would leave the likes of Johnson and tackles Aaron Hunt and Tyrone Williams one-on-one.

"You pick your poison with that group," O'Day said. "We just need to do what we've been taught to do."

Added Wake: "That's the problems our defensive line creates. If you double me up, that puts my teammates in a good position to make plays. I really don't know what I would do if I was an offensive co-ordinator."

The good news for O'Day and other CFL offensive linemen is that this will likely be Wake's final season in Canada. He will enter his option year this off-season and thus have a window of opportunity to sign with an NFL team.

Given Wake's production in Canada, that seems to be a mere formality. That is, to everyone but Wake.

"If that happens, it happens," he said. "I really don't pay attention to my stats.

"I'm just trying to do my job and help this team win the Grey Cup."

Saturday's game is important to both teams. The Riders are tops in the West Division standings, but are just two points ahead of Calgary and Edmonton and four in front of B.C.

Also, the winner will capture the season series, which is the first tie-breaker should B.C. and Saskatchewan finish the year tied.

I just love his team first attitude, its awesome. Would provide the NFL with a breath of fresh air, in the age of the prima donna. Hope he stays, will cheer him anywhere he plays.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E