TV BLACKOUTS

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

But what if we should perhaps win this game Ken? It is a possibility you know. :)
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:But what if we should perhaps win this game Ken? It is a possibility you know. :)
Then we know that the next game should be lifted. But with the Riders in town and TSN's love affair with them (particualrly on FNF), the party atmosphere that may be present will be seen (accurately or not) by TSN as being driven by the Rider fans and NOT the Lions fans.

I doubt the Lions will win this one (I sure as heck hope I will be eating my words), but the main issue for me is that the Lions want to show the local public that it is fun to come in and cheer on the Lions. I don't think with TSN's love-in with the Riders, that this will happen. It will not showcase the fun atmoshpere as being a BC Lion fan, but rather the Riders will bring it and the only reason the ticket sales were so high is because of Rider fans.

A different opponent this week I amy feel differently, but not this week against the Riders. I don't feel it will be positive and helpful for the next home game.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
LFITQ
Team Captain

Well good news! Suitor won't be commentating the Lions game tonight. That means the Rider lovefest should be kept to a minimum. That gives a little bit in favour of lifting the blackout as per Rammer's idea.

Hang on... Phil, are you going to the game? Or is there an ulterior motive for you wanting the blackout lifted?? ;)
runningback
prospect

ExpressVu won't even let me watch the rest of the Montreal game...because the clock turned to 7PM it thinks the game is over and the BC game is on..but the Montreal game is still on!...well th at sucks i wanted to watch the rest of this game!!!
LFITQ
Team Captain

Well I hope that means this game was blacked out. Because it sure wasn't a game I would want showcased...
Balraj
All Star

TSN.ca wasn't working for me either. It worked for the montreal/winnipeg game but was lagging. Then when I tried to watch the lions game it says Sorry this product is only available in Canada. wtf I'm sitting right here in Vancouver and can't even watch the game online. tsn.ca needs to get there act together.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Game was on for me in Surrey...in beautiful HD on Canada's choice......Star Choice.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Balraj wrote:TSN.ca wasn't working for me either. It worked for the montreal/winnipeg game but was lagging. Then when I tried to watch the lions game it says Sorry this product is only available in Canada. wtf I'm sitting right here in Vancouver and can't even watch the game online. tsn.ca needs to get there act together.
I didnt have any problem watching it in delta, but then I didnt try until early in the 4th.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Ballistic Bob
Legend

If we are keeping track of the blacked out games lifted it was available on HD Shaw. too bad BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:Well good news! Suitor won't be commentating the Lions game tonight. That means the Rider lovefest should be kept to a minimum. That gives a little bit in favour of lifting the blackout as per Rammer's idea.

Hang on... Phil, are you going to the game? Or is there an ulterior motive for you wanting the blackout lifted?? ;)
I have no ulterior motive for wanting the first game blackout lifted, although given the numbers in attendance last night at 33,813, I wouldn't have lifted it either. I wish I could say that I enjoyed the viewing live, but that isn't the case either as it wasn't very enjoyable. Lions are having a difficult time getting momentum, and then sustaining it, in their two losses.

Oh well, as IR the Lions and the new TV contract have to 'showcase' 25 games or so over the 5 year period at their discretion, one to do so is now over and done with.
Entertainment value = an all time low