Sweet site

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Dieter
Rookie

very sweet, guys, good reading here.

BUT for the record, gods two favorite teams are the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Minnesota Vikings.......
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Here's a trivia question: What does both team have in common ?
Dieter
Rookie

Ouch, you don't have to be like that :lol:
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

TheLionKing wrote:Here's a trivia question: What does both team have in common ?
Bud Grant.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

No insult intended. It's a legitimate trivia question.
Dieter
Rookie

You know, I must be getting old, or just defensive because I assumed you were taking at shot at my 0-4 Vikings and lost in the Grey Cup Bombers.

My dearly departed dad must be some choked lookind down at me cause I didn't pick up on the old coach trivia
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

As far as I'm concerned Adrian Peterson is the only thing the Vikings have that's worth anythin.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Here's a trivia question: What does both team have in common ?
Bud Grant.
Give the man a cigar ! :thup:
Dieter
Rookie

I might be wrong, but I think the Bombers offensive coordinator Johnny Michaels went with Bud to the Vikings when he left the Bombers as well
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Cold winds, snow, moose, wolves, frozen lakes, good fans, love of football, love of hockey, and West Coast envy (better weather, entertainment, ocean). j/k

By the way, it occurs to me that our poster Dieter would be a fan of Dieter Brock. Fair enough, I liked the way Dieter played too. He came to the CFL as Ralph Brock and changed his name to Dieter Brock. He also went on to some time in the NFL. He was a gun slinger of a QB with a rocket arm.

Now the CFL has Brock Ralph. Very strange set of circumstances.
lion24
Legend

My dad would say Dieter Brock had the cannon arm but the brain of a fruit fly :lol: ........I guess he wasn't his biggest fan :sigh:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Dieter
Rookie

lion24 wrote:My dad would say Dieter Brock had the cannon arm but the brain of a fruit fly :lol: ........I guess he wasn't his biggest fan :sigh:
Your dad is a VERY smart man Lion24. I used the Dieter handle for reasons other than Brock. My dad and I were proud members of the "Brocks a Crock" fan club. When they traded him to Hamilton for Tommy Clements it was a happy day in our household.

The year Brock left we won the Grey Cup...imagine that :lol:
Bosco
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:[By the way, it occurs to me that our poster Dieter would be a fan of Dieter Brock. Fair enough, I liked the way Dieter played too. He came to the CFL as Ralph Brock and changed his name to Dieter Brock.
Do you think it's just a matter of time before Brock Ralph changes his name to Dieter Ralph? :roar:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

At one point, having Sean Salisbury as starting quarterback.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Bosco wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote: ... He came to the CFL as Ralph Brock and changed his name to Dieter Brock.

Do you think it's just a matter of time before Brock Ralph changes his name to Dieter Ralph? :roar:

Or perhaps, Brock Dieter, since the original Ralph Brock had a cannon for an arm, a bombs away approach to the game, and some strange aversion to the name Ralph. :wink:

Ralph Brock changed his name to Dieter Brock. Did anyone ever hear why he did this??

Hmmm ... Should Brock Ralph change his name to Brock Dieter or Brock Ralph? :lol:

Just killing time until the Patriots take on the Giants. Ho hum ...