Police investigating attack on official......

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

The Lions web page just provided an update on this case.

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module ... &nid=22112

------------------
Friday, November 30, 2007 - 04:55PM

On November 28, 2007 at 1400 hours an Abbotsford resident appeared before a judge charged with Common Assault.

The charges stem from an incident at a Lions game in June. The assailant jumped onto the field and knocked a CFL linesman to the ground. In addition to paying restitution for the injuries suffered by the linesman he was given a one year conditional discharge with the following conditions:

a) That he keeps the peace and be of good behaviour for one year.
b) That he performs 25 hours of community service within the next six months
c) That he return to court on Nov 30 to see a probation officer.
d) That he have no contact with Linesman #56.

The BC Lions in conjunction with BC Place remind all fans that improper and dangerous behavior at football games will not be tolerated and such behavior is likely to be met with swift legal action.

Fans should also note that both the BC Lions and BC Place go to great lengths to ensure the safety and enjoyment of those in attendance at Lions games. The Be A Fan Not A Fool program launched by BC Place and the Lions in 2005 continues to be the most effective and convenient way to report individuals who are interfering with your enjoyment of Lions football.
westvan4

Hopefully the goof will also be permanently banned from BC Place. He got off rather lightly.
hwgill
Legend

Seat Nazi?
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
notahomer
Hall of Famer

westvan4 wrote:Hopefully the goof will also be permanently banned from BC Place. He got off rather lightly.
I read somewhere (a newspaper article Sun or Province, I think) the guy needs to be the centre of attention. Not trying to give him an excuse, he needs to be held accountable. His friends goaded him into doing this and he was drunk/stupid enough to do it. Hopefully he will be permanently barred.
giwiens
Starter
Location: you can know where I was or my direction of travel but not both

notahomer wrote:
westvan4 wrote:Hopefully the goof will also be permanently banned from BC Place. He got off rather lightly.
I read somewhere (a newspaper article Sun or Province, I think) the guy needs to be the centre of attention. Not trying to give him an excuse, he needs to be held accountable. His friends goaded him into doing this and he was drunk/stupid enough to do it. Hopefully he will be permanently barred.
It would be nice to bar his friends as well.
Roar Lions Roar
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

as long as they allowed inebriated people into the stadium and\or serve enough beer for people to get drunk on, BC place will always beer some of the responsibility for drunks actions at games.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:as long as they allowed inebriated people into the stadium and\or serve enough beer for people to get drunk on, BC place will always beer some of the responsibility for drunks actions at games.
We have a winner for pun of the year.

But in all seriousness, I cannot believe that this person was not banned (not even temporarily) from BC Place.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
monkeyboy71

I actually used to be good friends with the idiots sister. When I heard his name, I couldn't believe it. Granted, I haven't seen the guy since he would have graduated, but he used to be better than this. I still think he should have got a minimum $10,000 fine and a lifetime ban from games. Send a real message to other idiots! :bang: