WDF post-game thoughts

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This game does not require a lot of analysis. The only statistic that matters is 5-0 turnover margin and 16-0 points off turnovers. No team wins when it gives up that many turnovers. The one area where the Lions dominated the league by the greatest margin statistically during the regular season was in turnover margin, but anything can happen in a single game and the Riders made plays all day when they needed them most.

The B.C. turnovers masked a gritty performance by the Lions' defence, which harassed Kerry Joseph for much of the game, and by B.C.'s special teams, which got two great returns by Ian Smart to keep the team in the game. It wasn't enough as Saskatchewan's defence stood tall, picking off passes, pressuring the B.C. quarterbacks and killing drives with key second-down sacks.

It's been a great year for the Lions and their fans, with a franchise-best 14 wins in the regular season and stellar performances from the likes of Cameron Wake, Geroy Simon, Rob Murphy, Ryan Phillips, Jason Clermont, Ian Smart and many others. This is an excellent team. It just wasn't their turn this year. Thanks for the memories, Lions, and congratulations to the Riders.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Full credit to Kerry Joseph and the entire Offence. They played a great game tonight... a full credit to the entire Rider organization. :rockin:
bbang
Starter

You guys are sure good sports cause I AM FREAKIN CHOKED! Choked at WALLY for leaving D.D. in as long as he did. And at our O line for such crappy protection. It's gonna be a long time getting over this one. Next year I wanna see Buck as our starter and Jarious as back up. D.D. - sorry I like you and all but it's time to hit the coaching ranks.
"My job is to kick your ass " - Wally Buono
Sharpo

If I hear the word "noise" once more before the 08 preseason starts I will calmly, and rationally kill someone.

PS: I hate you db120 :sigh: :x :sigh: :sigh: for putting that word forward to the announcer that he'd say the darn thing every fscking play.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

There were a few warning signs leading today's performance:

1. The Jiminez on again off again suspension. Perhaps this became too big off an issue — culminated with Wally blowing up at Carm Cateri during the pre-game presser — when the Lions were facing a red-hot opponent and that's where most of the focus should have been.

2. Jamal Johnson injury.... this was the guy that made Carl Kidd expendable but was a complete non-factor the second half of the season due to injuries. Just wonder how much of difference an athletic OLB would have made, especially with Glatt and Floyd not at 100 per cent. He apparently re-injured his groin in the Calgary game, although he wasn't back yet as a starter and it initially wasn't reported.
I saw Johnson standing way off to the side today and near nowhere his teammates — looking like a practice roster extra. Maybe not his style to get involved as an injured player but a season that began with so much promise for him ended in relative obscurity.

3. Motivation... Dickenson mentioned in story by LU he didn't think the team was as hungry as last season. I didn't think too much of it given his reduced role but he is always so candid about everything. Wally also showed a season highlight video at the end of yesterday's walk-thru which apparently is somethng he has never done before. Then there is flying in Carl Kidd to lead the team onto the field. Maybe Wally was doing everything he could to reverse the tide.
chimpy

You guys are sure good sports cause I AM FREAKIN CHOKED! Choked at WALLY for leaving D.D. in as long as he did. And at our O line for such crappy protection. It's gonna be a long time getting over this one. Next year I wanna see Buck as our starter and Jarious as back up. D.D. - sorry I like you and all but it's time to hit the coaching ranks.

I totaly agree with this statment, wally again lets his boy DD try to be the hero, and look what happends we lose just like the grey cup in 2004, just like the WF in 2005, and again WF 2007. Cancel my season tickets next year i have had enough, i want wally and dd gone out of here.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

chimpy wrote:I totaly agree with this statment, wally again lets his boy DD try to be the hero, and look what happends we lose just like the grey cup in 2004, just like the WF in 2005, and again WF 2007. Cancel my season tickets next year i have had enough, i want wally and dd gone out of here.
You first.
MacNews
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:Wally blowing up at Carm Cateri during the pre-game presser
What is this?
Reider
Starter

MacNews wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:Wally blowing up at Carm Cateri during the pre-game presser
What is this?
http://www.greenzonefootball.com/node/991