How might this effect team chemistry

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

The_Pauser
Legend

Riders suck

Period!
Roar you Lions roar!
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I'm willing to bet that Jimenez is probably disappointed in himself and probably knows how his linemates feel. If these guys are true teammates, they'll put this incident aside and work towards their ultimate goal, then deal with it during the offseason.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Maybe there'll be a teary-eyed press conference and Jiminez will say he's sorry "for what transpired owt there".
Dan Russell
Legend

The Rider fans are still talking about this hit? :?
Reider
Starter

Dan Russell wrote:The Rider fans are still talking about this hit? :?
I haven't really even talked about it at all because I didn't see it.
Is there even a decent video of it??
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Joshua wrote:
notahomer wrote:Having to talk about it ad nauseum is probably bringing them together. Kinda like the 'canned noise' issue for fans/Lions. To put in perspective how do think the Perry hit doing for team chemistry??? If anything, helping it perhaps?
I think the Perry hit could have spoiled chemistry, but none of his team-mates questioned him.

That hit did make this rivalry even bigger though - Kent was talking about how BC and Sask never had anything like this when he was with the two clubs. Since 2003 this rivalry has been great.
I guess he forgot about the time in 1994, when he came back to Taylor Field as a Lion and the fans demolished an Austin mini in his "honour". :lol:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Dan Russell
Legend

Reider wrote:
Dan Russell wrote:The Rider fans are still talking about this hit? :?
I haven't really even talked about it at all because I didn't see it.
Is there even a decent video of it??
No video has been released.
hwgill
Legend

Actually, most of the guys said that it was dispicable if it was NOT done between the whistles.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
hwgill
Legend

Lions4ever wrote:Maybe there'll be a teary-eyed press conference and Jiminez will say he's sorry "for what transpired owt there".
Didn't he already say he was sorry...within a few hours to a day of the game?
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker