Bad News from Riderville...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Disturber
Champion

Yank In BC wrote:
120dB wrote:don't be fooled; this could be a trick to get the Lions to take the Riders less seriously. Austin has some cards in his back pocket he hasn't used yet. Beware
Yea I agree, Kent gave a poster on RF a call and said go over and put up a silly post on lionbackers and maybe Wally will read it and believe it.
Austin is a sneeky guy. Could have happened...
Go Lions!
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

And this will be because the Lions are dirty and classless in..

OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I'm not buying it based ion these reports, and I highly doubt Wally is too. In any event we should know shortly, because rosters have to be announced soon no?
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote:I'm not buying it based ion these reports, and I highly doubt Wally is too. In any event we should know shortly, because rosters have to be announced soon no?
Don't they have up to an hour before the game? Besides, what does it matter? We play whomever lines up against us. Doesn't matter who it is.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lion Guy wrote:
OrangeShoes99 wrote:I'm not buying it based ion these reports, and I highly doubt Wally is too. In any event we should know shortly, because rosters have to be announced soon no?
Don't they have up to an hour before the game? Besides, what does it matter? We play whomever lines up against us. Doesn't matter who it is.
46 man rosters have to be annouced 48 hours prior, then the actual 42 man roster 1 hour before game time. The Riders could easily hide him in the 46 man roster saying that it was too late to adjust it.
Entertainment value = an all time low
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:
46 man rosters have to be annouced 48 hours prior, then the actual 42 man roster 1 hour before game time. The Riders could easily hide him in the 46 man roster saying that it was too late to adjust it.
then that's what they'll do...after all they cheat you know... :lol:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Vern Halen
Champion

Rammer wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:
Boy - and you guys say we Rider fans are paranoid!

I'm kidding!! :roll:

Gotta agree with Lion Guy - if Flick doesn't play, it'll be a huge gametime hole to fill for the Riders. Austin will have whoever fills in for DJ ready to play, just like Wally will have your guys ready to go as well - no matter who they're lining up against...
Dan Russell
Legend

Lion Guy wrote:And this will be because the Lions are dirty and classless in..

and due to piped in canned noise also.
footy
All Star

:lol: those green folk :roll:
The_Real_Deal
Rookie

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Ouch. You guys are starting to suffer what we did earlier in the year.
Are you serious?

The Roughriders have been suffering this kind of stuff from day 1. The injury bug has hit the Riders more than any other team.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

The_Real_Deal wrote:
No Ordinary Joe wrote:Ouch. You guys are starting to suffer what we did earlier in the year.
Are you serious?

The Roughriders have been suffering this kind of stuff from day 1. The injury bug has hit the Riders more than any other team.
Well, we better an asterisk to the record book if you lose then!
Rammer
Team Captain

Vern Halen wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:
Boy - and you guys say we Rider fans are paranoid!

I'm kidding!! :roll:

Gotta agree with Lion Guy - if Flick doesn't play, it'll be a huge gametime hole to fill for the Riders. Austin will have whoever fills in for DJ ready to play, just like Wally will have your guys ready to go as well - no matter who they're lining up against...
Not worried about Flick making the game or not, he will not be the determining factor in the game either way.
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Give Flick an advil, a bandaid and a pat on the back. Good as new. It would be a shame if he can't play. :wink:

Let Kerry Joseph throw it to himself. He can run. He can pass. Let him catch the ball after he throws it. Perhaps Kerry Joseph should play safety as well, like he did in the NFL. Go for it. One-man band.
wildthing
All Star

riders are being quiet about who will be on the 42 man. Don't blame them a certain lion player reads both boards so information like this is best kept quiet
Reider
Starter

Multiple media reports saying Flick is fine...... Eric Tillman said he just "tweaked a knee."

This is my own guess, but I think you can expect Szarka and Flick to play... Cates will probably be a game day decision, but both him and Szarka have received medical clearance. The only issue is the pain.