Eastern Final in Toronto! SkyDome will be rockin!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

Holy jumpin toledo, the Grey Cup and NOW the Eastern Final in Toronto! 55,000 in the SkyDome! that place will be noisy!!!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

You should go there then. Don't forget your sign.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Anything to get Chimpydb out of the West Final.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Rammer
Team Captain

120dB wrote:Holy jumpin toledo, the Grey Cup and NOW the Eastern Final in Toronto! 55,000 in the SkyDome! that place will be noisy!!!
There may be a little Grey Cup hangover to the EDF, with regards to the attendance. Most Torontonians will have spent their money on the GC and may wait out the EDF game......not the die hards, but the ones that are speculating.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
120dB wrote:Holy jumpin toledo, the Grey Cup and NOW the Eastern Final in Toronto! 55,000 in the SkyDome! that place will be noisy!!!
There may be a little Grey Cup hangover to the EDF, with regards to the attendance. Most Torontonians will have spent their money on the GC and may wait out the EDF game......not the die hards, but the ones that are speculating.
I'm kinda happy I dished out the dough this week and picked up 2 GC tickets (45yd line, Row 5 in the 500 level)........more and more it's looking like the Argos are going to be there and GOOD seats will come at a premium.
Lloyd
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:You should go there then. Don't forget your sign.
There's already an regular Argo-fan with a much bigger NOISE sign (a relative of yours 120db?).
Hutch85
All Star

Funny, you would think it would be really quiet, 'hear a pin drop' kind of thing... isn't that what normally happens when thousands of people congregate in the same place, with sports to watch, teams to cheer for/against, and alcohol available? :roll:
Ravi
Legend

Rammer wrote:
My guess is that we will see at least as good of a crowd as we did for the EDF two years ago against the Als which drew over 44k. Is 50k a possibility? I wouldn't bet against it but I wouldn't promise it at this point either. All that I have heard is that playoff tickets have been moving briskly in Toronto and that was before Saturday's big win over Saskatchewan.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

So, how long will it be until Skydome is accused of using "canned noise" as well?
Glenegade

This is awesome. I've been cheering for Toronto for awhile now. I start my Grey Cup at 2:00 a.m. et when I land in T.O. from Cuba. What a way to start the week by going to my first CFL game ( :oops: ) of the year.

The Funny thing is, at the end of the Yates Cup (This Saturday) I'll jump on my plane. I don't know if I'll be able to watch the first round of the cfl playoffs in Cuba or even get news on who won. So I may not know who's playing in it until I get back that day
DerekDD
Starter

You really think Toronto will get 55,000 for the Eastern Final? I don't think so myself but I hope for it just like I hope you sell all your Western Final tickets in BC, but I don't think thats likely either.
chimpy

I agree DerekDD With selling 55,000 in toronto, i don't think so. But i do think they are going to sell out Bc Place exspecally if it is Sask. they already have close to 40,000, from what i heard , i think if they can hit 40,000 by sat there will sell another 20,000 in a week just like they did last year when there was only 32,000 sold 7 days before the WF and they sold 18,000 tickets in a week. and had 50,000.
DerekDD
Starter

chimpy wrote:I agree DerekDD With selling 55,000 in toronto, i don't think so. But i do think they are going to sell out Bc Place exspecally if it is Sask. they already have close to 40,000, from what i heard , i think if they can hit 40,000 by sat there will sell another 20,000 in a week just like they did last year when there was only 32,000 sold 7 days before the WF and they sold 18,000 tickets in a week. and had 50,000.
I would hope so. Big crowds are good for the CFL period.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

It won't be a sellout.
chimpy

lionking what will not sellout Bc Place or Toronto?