can we beat winnipeg in winnipeg?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

chimpy

can we beat winnipeg in winnipeg? that is going to be a test, because they do not lose at home like we don't either. so i think this is going to be the biggest test we had since the sask game a couple of weeks ago, (after the winnipeg game edmonton should be no problem as long as ricky ray is out)

i predict bc 35 winnipeg 22
Rammer
Team Captain

We have three loses, two are in our house, and one in Montreal in an early game. We are pretty tough on the road, but out of our remaining games this one poses the largest threat unless Burris gets back. The difference in the Lions team this season is that they can physically control the both sides of the line. I have to suggest that if the DL steps up with their A game, the pressure on Glenn will be the difference maker. If not, we are in for a dog fight.
Entertainment value = an all time low
chimpy

i agree if glen gets time to do his thing we are in for a tight game like againt sask, last weekend. remember Glenn is going to up for MVP this year right behind Joe Smith, so he is an excellent quarterback.

And if you do not have a good quarterback in this league you are in trouble, just ask Calgary.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Yeah they beat us in our house....time to return the favour! :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
hgtff

Rammer wrote:We have three loses, two are in our house, and one in Montreal in an early game. We are pretty tough on the road, but out of our remaining games this one poses the largest threat unless Burris gets back. The difference in the Lions team this season is that they can physically control the both sides of the line. I have to suggest that if the DL steps up with their A game, the pressure on Glenn will be the difference maker. If not, we are in for a dog fight.
but there's the thing, the bombers are also doing well this season based on the fact that both of their lines can control the line of scrimmage. These teams matchup so well cause it's two good o-lines and 2 good d-lines going into a great battle.

last game these teams played i'd give the win to the bombers lines, it will be a blast to watch this one, I'm thinking Glenns quick release and the 13th man will likely be the biggest difference.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

One other wild CFL thing. Why does the Grey Cup Host City usually have a good season the year after blowing a chance to play for the cup at home? I just didn't see the Bombers being anything this year. I just don't want to see another MONSTER game like Stegall had against us a couple of years ago. It's in the past but still those kind of whoopings sting. I hope its an exciting game and hopefully the weather won't be too big of a factor. Lions win but its close-highscoring game.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:Yeah they beat us in our house....time to return the favour! :wink:
In a game we should have won. I have utmost confidence in this game. Hamilton played them tough; we will do the same.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:We have three loses, two are in our house, and one in Montreal in an early game. We are pretty tough on the road, but out of our remaining games this one poses the largest threat unless Burris gets back. The difference in the Lions team this season is that they can physically control the both sides of the line. I have to suggest that if the DL steps up with their A game, the pressure on Glenn will be the difference maker. If not, we are in for a dog fight.
McCallum makes the two he missed, IIRC, and we win that game despite a terrible offensive game plan.

The Winnipeg offense more or less took what the Lions defense gave them. Which means you could make an argument that the Bombers took the bulk of the line battle, though the secondary, despite being banged up, functioned pretty well.

So this one should be about adjustments on both sides of the ball. It will be nice to see how a mostly healthy, for this time of the season, defense performs.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Offensively, the Lions have the best O line in the league, the best running back, a maturing quarterback with a rocket arm and a receiving corp that has rediscovered its nose for the ball.

Defensively BC will have Marsh back to add to an already stout D.

We have a solid return team. The big problem will be overcoming the lack of a proper kicking game with McCallum likely out.
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

chimpy wrote:i agree if glen gets time to do his thing we are in for a tight game like againt sask, last weekend. remember Glenn is going to up for MVP this year right behind Joe Smith, so he is an excellent quarterback.

And if you do not have a good quarterback in this league you are in trouble, just ask Calgary.
Agreed. Getting into the face of Terry Glenn and pass rushing are really important this week and we also have to contain Charles Roberts.
Lets Go Lions!
wildthing
All Star

I think you guys can do it if you maintain balance. If Peg holds Smith in check (less than 75 yards) and forces Jackson to beat them with his arm, Winnipeg gets the upper edge. JJ has only had one real good full outing (this week) and against the Bombers he will need another. Here is to a great stretch drive may the best team win the west :beer:
LFITQ
Team Captain

Geez wildthing ...

Did you have to replace the beautiful avatar you had with one so ugly? Ouch it hurts the eyes!!!!

8) :lol:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

Lions4ever wrote:Offensively, the Lions have the best O line in the league, the best running back, a maturing quarterback with a rocket arm and a receiving corp that has rediscovered its nose for the ball.

Defensively BC will have Marsh back to add to an already stout D.

We have a solid return team. The big problem will be overcoming the lack of a proper kicking game with McCallum likely out.
The kicking game has me concerned. BC is playing much better on offense than when Winnipeg was here during the summer.
wildthing
All Star

LFITQ wrote:Geez wildthing ...

Did you have to replace the beautiful avatar you had with one so ugly? Ouch it hurts the eyes!!!!

8) :lol:
Jealousy that you are not an owner in Canada's team may hurt the eyes. :twisted: Take the orange glasses :tease: off and it looks very nice though :beer:
LFITQ
Team Captain

Jealousy that you are not an owner in Canada's team may hurt the eyes.
You shouldn't make assumptions. Afterall, I am a CFL fan. :twisted:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??