Ray seperates shoulder

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DerekDD
Starter

In Edmonton, they are saying its a good possibility that Ray is done for the season.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Power-O-O-O-O wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:
How did LeFors play in relief?
The Schmos lost 18-11
chimpy

well if that is the case edmonton is finished to.
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

120dB wrote:630 CHED speculates he may be out for the year. Got a kick out of hearing Brian Hall call tonight's crowd of 31,000 "disappointing".

According to many of you, 31,000 for Vancouver is "good".
Here we go again. :roll:
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

This makes a Lions win on my trip seem like more of a lock.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Power-O-O-O-O wrote:How did LeFors play in relief?
Pretty much as one would expect. For all intents he is a rookie and he was playing against a Rich Stubler defence. The defence gave him a steady stream of different looks and rush packages that gave him no opportunity get find any sort of comfort level. That the Eskimos were still in the game late was a reflection on them making some defensive plays and the Argos being willing to cough the ball up at times. Eskimo special teams in particular came up with a couple of big plays including a forced fumble and recovery on an Argo punt return and a blocked punt. In the battle for field position those plays continued to give Edmonton a decent field position when they could have been pinned deep in their own zone. Regardless they were unable to muster any offence at all after Ray went down. It seemed to me like most of the Edmonton offence came after Ray's protection collapsed and he was able to either scramble for big yardage or find a safety valve with 20 yards of wide open spaces to run to.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

And after pissant's rant this week I was almost hoping Edmonton would go on a bit of winning streak and take second place away from Saskatchewan. Almost.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:I suspect Wally offered up Jarius "on the trading block" earlier this year, as much as a courtesy to the aging 3rd-stringer who was stuck behind the best two QB's in the CFL...and perhaps a belief that a 3rd-stringer should moving up, or moving on, after 2 years of seasoning.
That is how I see it. Give the player a chance to get playing time somewhere after not getting off the bench in BC.

Jarious is rewarded for his team-first attitude and his patience.
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

Ouch. Big Blow for Edmonton. Stefan LeFors hasn't looked too bad when i have seen him getting a few reps this year
Lets Go Lions!
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

The silver lining for Edmonton is that they can now see what Lefors can do over the remainder of the season.......mop up time shows nothing.
Lloyd
wildthing
All Star

Shi Zi Mi wrote:The silver lining for Edmonton is that they can now see what Lefors can do over the remainder of the season.......mop up time shows nothing.
agreed. and with Burris down in Calgary, I believe Edmonton is still in a better circumstance than the stamps.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Ouch.... it was a severe seperation too:
Barring a miracle, quarterback Ricky Ray is gone for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs with a severe separation of his right shoulder. He also tore ligaments surrounding his collarbone Friday on a blindside hit from Willie Pile.
Ray hopes the shoulder will heal without surgery, but it will take anywhere from six to nine weeks. Only five weeks remain in the regular season.
"I did some pretty good damage to it," Ray said Monday, surrounded by cameras and microphones in the Edmonton dressing room. "Being my right shoulder, I've got to be able to throw and all that other stuff. It's going to be a slow process for me."
Ray is a class act and hope to see him at 100 percent again next season. You always have to worry about chronic shoulder problems that can follow and impact overall arm strength.

Even though Pierce is cleared to play, his shoulder will still bother him to some degree for the balance of the season.
chimpy

i think edmonton is done though, i think calagary will get third because henry burris will be back in time to lock up third, and edmonton will not make the playoffs but will still get the excellent support as usall , averging
35,000 a game.

I am predicting lions first
Sask second
Calgary third

Calgary play's in Sask playoff game since 1988 sask wins

Sask, bc western final ,(sold out bc place) bc wins by 10 points.
wildthing
All Star

chimpy wrote:i think edmonton is done though, i think calagary will get third because henry burris will be back in time to lock up third, and edmonton will not make the playoffs but will still get the excellent support as usall , averging
35,000 a game.

I am predicting lions first
Sask second
Calgary third

Calgary play's in Sask playoff game since 1988 sask wins

Sask, bc western final ,(sold out bc place) bc wins by 10 points.
Burris is done for the year mark my words. Calgary is holding back the extent of the injury to keep hopes alive in an upset fan base. His reassessment this week or next will reveal they are "still waiting".