Tom Higgins is all class

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

MacNews
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:I can't think of any CFL announcers who add more than they detract from a broadcast.
Point well taken, but I find strictly as a broadcaster using engaging English with varying tones in his voice, Cuthbert is tops. In whatever he does, be it football, hockey..or figure skating.
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

Yeah Tom Higgins has always come across as a real classy guy.
Lets Go Lions!
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Scottish Leos Fan wrote:Yeah Tom Higgins has always come across as a real classy guy.
Up til right about now. Apparently on Dhaliwall's show on 'NW, he called Wally a 'loudmouth'. Nice. Classy. :thup:
Real women wear orange!!
David
Team Captain

Okay, I take back all of the nice things I said about Higgins.

Did anyone catch the noon hour sports on 'NW? He was popping off about Wally being "too loud" and in your face, and that this team walks around with a strut (the subtext being an "arrogance") that he thinks is unnecesary.

Can anyone recall a season in which one organization has been so thoroughly bashed and pilloried in the media by so many players and coaches? Mostly undeserved too I might add (IMHO).

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

David wrote: Can anyone recall a season in which one organization has been so thoroughly bashed and pilloried in the media by so many players and coaches? Mostly undeserved too I might add (IMHO).

DH 8)
I would say any of the Esks 'dynasty' years. Like Murph said on one of the clips during the game "People don't like us cuz we're good" It's that simple.
Real women wear orange!!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

When your season falls apart and your job is on the line (Tom Higgins), it is certainly a test of character. It seems Tom Higgins' shining armour has some tarnish.

Too bad. Lots of us have had much respect for him.

It shows how dominant the Lions have been in some games when the coaches and GMs freak out like this (Calgary, Saskatchewan, Montreal).

It did look like Higgins and Buono were not overly friendly in the traditional handshake after the game. It is disappointing to hear that Higgins was speaking poorly of Buono.

Buono has been very restrained in his comments all season. I am proud of him and the standards he has set for our franchise.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Are the Nasty Brotherhood of Esks Fans getting worried that the Lions are going to be taking away the moniker of "Evil Empire"?

Who would'a thunk it that we would have so much in common with the Eskies?

Guess those Edmonton fans are now our brothers-in-arms? 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Okay, I take back all of the nice things I said about Higgins.

Did anyone catch the noon hour sports on 'NW? He was popping off about Wally being "too loud" and in your face, and that this team walks around with a strut (the subtext being an "arrogance") that he thinks is unnecesary.

Can anyone recall a season in which one organization has been so thoroughly bashed and pilloried in the media by so many players and coaches? Mostly undeserved too I might add (IMHO).

DH 8)
This from the Coach that lost the room last season, and had no choice but to allow his receivers to rule the roost.