Marching Again With Marsh!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

It's hard to contain my enthusiasm to see Dante Marsh back in the lineup for our next game! I just think he's an outstanding shortside corner cover guy! The short side corner and halfback positons are the two toughest in CFL football. Having Marsh back at his old familiar spot is not only going to strengthen us at that position but it will also help Korey Banks because he will be able to take more chances. He also has great chemistry with Marsh!

The move also allows us to move Glover back to his wideside corner position. Glover did a good job overall, switching to the short side corner position and the experience will only help him once he readadjusts to his old position. Glover is a guy who can come up and deliver hits at the wideside corner and he is more of a gambler than Marsh and that will lead to some interceptions for him out wide.

When I look at all the changes we've had to make this season (for example Washington has played nickel, dime, shortside half, and wideside corner this season to accommodate the injuries we've faced and we've had to play rookies like Mitchell and Bethea, while having Glover out of position Ritchie has done a great job with a lot of challenges!

Washington will likely move to the dime spot while Knowton remains at nickel. Washington did a good job at wideside corner for a guy who is not a natural corner and deserves credit. He is usually a good tackler and his experience will help him read the underneath stuff without having to take on speedsters most of the time. With everyone back in the defensive backfield we're finally geting everyone back, in positions they are familiar, as we get ready in these next five games for the playoffs....just the right amount of time for them all to get that chemistry working again!! :thup:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

me too
2012 Season Ticket Holder
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Getting Marsh back is going to be such a huge boost of energy. This guy has been ready to go for weeks now, you think he's not itching to get out there and make a statement? It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get a pick in his first game back. It's going to be a real treat to see Lockdown U back in full force soon! BRING IT ON!!! :rockin:
Dan Russell
Legend

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Getting Marsh back is going to be such a huge boost of energy. This guy has been ready to go for weeks now, you think he's not itching to get out there and make a statement? It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get a pick in his first game back. It's going to be a real treat to see Lockdown U back in full force soon! BRING IT ON!!! :rockin:

Couldn't have said it better.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Very very happy to have on of the league's best tackling corners back in the game.

Very happy.

Did I mention it makes me happy?
Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

Great news!
Another weapon for the Lions on defense.
The Lions' D has gained lots of experience with starters being out that will only help during the playoff run.
The Lions depth might be their biggest strength.
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

I agree with Daunte back it is a huge boost. He is an outstanding corner. Great to hear he is back!!! :beer: :rockin:
Lets Go Lions!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

But Marsh hardly had his feet up during his down time. Much of the forced break, he said, was spent looking at the Lions with a view to improving himself through the eyes of more experienced teammates, notably safety Barron Miles.

"It was kind of like playing without blinders," Marsh said of his sideline time. "I was still watching the short side, but I wanted to see stuff that's different. I started to see things from Barron's point of view. Knowing the defence without actually being in there, I was more critical. I was trying to grasp concepts the way he understands things."
from Lowell Ullrich's tuesday article about the return of Dante Marsh

The amount of mentoring that goes on with the Lions is amazing. QBs, LBs, DBs, etc. It is a major component of why Buono's teams are so strong.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Blitz...........I'm very surprised that you haven't added more about the return of Jamall Johnson for the Winnipeg game.

IMHO, he contributes so much to both the defense and ST's that his return is very significant as well.
Lloyd
Rammer
Team Captain

I caught a half hour of the morning practice or so, and Dante was calling out to Paris about the four horsemen being back and that he better watch out. Paris came over and burned him on his only cutting ability comparable to Paris's being Marsh's hair. That got the chattered started among the DB's.

Boys are loose and keeping up the focus going at the same time. :thup:
Entertainment value = an all time low
joesports
All Star

Can't wait to see Marsh back! :rockin:
Blitz
Team Captain

Blitz...........I'm very surprised that you haven't added more about the return of Jamall Johnson for the Winnipeg game.

IMHO, he contributes so much to both the defense and ST's that his return is very significant as well.
That is such great news Shi Zi Mi...and I didn't know. Jamal is my favorite defensive player. He and Wake are the only two new starters on our defense this season and Wake is the only new player that is starting. Both have done a great job.

Jamal is fast and that makes him a huge asset in playing Winnipeg because he will be able to react quickly to Blink if he rushes to Jamal's side. Jamal Johnson is also fast and is an excellent cover linebacker. Most importantly the guy can HIT a ton!! He's a pure linebacker designed for the CFL!!

Jamal is now third in the league in special team tackles, having dropped from leading the CFL in that category after missing a couple of games. He's our best special teams cover guy and not only plays on the punt cover team but he's also the outside guy on the field goal team. I believe Jamal is the best special team cover guy in the league because he's fast and an excellent tackler.

This means that our entire starting 12 on defense are back for this game. Couldn't be happening at a better time as Winnipeg's offence is a serious challenge. Go Leos "D" :thup: :thup:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Balraj
All Star

Speaking of Lockdown U. I know that Lavar Glover use to sell t shirts to players that said that on them. i was wondering if it's possible to get one of those shirts from him or from another source?
stansz
Champion

ya my most vivid memory of jamal johnson is his biig hits. ....

awesome news that we get marsh and johnson back...
pumped!!!