On A Roll!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

We've won 4 of our last 5 games with Jarious as our starting quarterback and outside of the away game in Montreal (where most of our team didn't show up or were still asleep) for that very early morning game we've really played well.

The scores of those four wins are 46-14 when we beat Montreal at home, then beat Toronto at home, 40-7, pulled off a come from behind victory 37-34 in Saskatchewan, and then knocked off Calgary 42-9.

It's not only that we're winning but the way we're winning most of the time. Some of those performances have been very dominating, both offensively and defensively, while our win in Regina was a pure gutsy effort as we fought from behind all game and pulled it out with two great offensive drives in the fourth quarter.

This is an enjoyable team to watch this season. It's much more fun to watch us offensively, because we have less tendancies and a more balanced offence. It's a treat to watch us run the football and our passing attack has now really come on! The deep ball only adds to the excitement as we've completed some beatiful deep throws and that only adds more fear to an opposition defense. Defensively, we've had to fight through a lot of injuries and yet still we've had some impressive defensive performances lately as well.

I believe our defense is going to get better as we get everyone back for the conclusion of the regular season (fingers crossed no more injuries). Hope we can keep the momentum going as we approach these final games of the season!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

We're getting healthy when it really counts. The defence will only get better with the pending return of Dante Marsh.
Don Miller
Legend

:rockin: Our offence are taking whatever the opposition will give us. JJ will throw the ball down the field deep. I think we should be able to complete some balls against Winnipeg. The wind will be a factor and I am hoping Paul MCCallum can play. Our defensive line will be key to containing and pressuring Kevin Glenn. Charles Roberts will need to be contained as well. Our O-line should be able to open up some holes for Joe Smith. Keep on rolling. The Riders will likely win in Calgary unless Ben Sankey can come up with something. So we need to keep winning and keep the momentum. I am sure Wally will keep the pedal down.
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:I believe our defense is going to get better as we get everyone back for the conclusion of the regular season (fingers crossed no more injuries). Hope we can keep the momentum going as we approach these final games of the season!!
Jackson coming out firing on all cyclinders last Saturday and putting together a complete game was a big step in his development. I have a lot of confidence in the offence right now simply because it is so balanced.

As you mentioned in another thread Blitz.... I'm also excited about the return of Marsh this week to solidfy the secondary. Hopefully Johnson is back too and we will have the original starting 12 for the first time since early August. The defence has played well but is still not as dominant as it was a year ago which led us to the cup. Still would like to see better pressure from our front four (without blitzing LBs or DBs) and a better job stopping the run.

Big test against the Bombers on Friday.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I know the offensive coordinator will try to tailor a teams basic philosphy to different QB's. Jackson forced us to try some things due to his levels of CFL experience and levels of confidence. I'm wondering when BP or DD returns, will some of Jackson tweaks still be part of how things get done?
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

Don Miller wrote::rockin: Our offence are taking whatever the opposition will give us. JJ will throw the ball down the field deep. I think we should be able to complete some balls against Winnipeg. The wind will be a factor and I am hoping Paul MCCallum can play. Our defensive line will be key to containing and pressuring Kevin Glenn. Charles Roberts will need to be contained as well. Our O-line should be able to open up some holes for Joe Smith. Keep on rolling. The Riders will likely win in Calgary unless Ben Sankey can come up with something. So we need to keep winning and keep the momentum. I am sure Wally will keep the pedal down.
Good Post i agree. As you said the wind will be a factor. The good thing is we have JJ with that strong arm so throwing into the wind isn't as much of a problem for us.
Lets Go Lions!