Hoping for a Win!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

That about adds up to what the Lion fans were doing given the circumstances going into last nights game.

All teams face injuries, but the amount that have hit the Lions recently is astounding especially when you consider the talent that has been out. I hated to lose Otis Floyd, but when he was the only one besides DD, there was still hope. That Calgary game set the Lions up thinking that we were invincible, well a dose of reality just hit us last night. Every game this season the D has carried the load, the offense did its part by not giving the opposition short fields with turnovers. Last night the Riders knew going in that they had to limit their turnovers, they were successful at that other than the first series. You have to give them credit, as the pressure was on their shoulders and they dug down enough to win the game.

Now that a loss has hit the books, how much longer to Lion fans have to hope for a win? The Bombers are next up on our plate, the best offense coming at us. The D isn't playing the same level as they were last season, but once again, like an animal weeding out the weak from its pack, the Lion injuries are allowing teams to change their mindset about our ability to fight back.

So rather than Lion fans going into a match "hoping for a win", who and how many of the injured players do we need to bring the bite back into our game, and change hoping to expecting a win.
Entertainment value = an all time low
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I agree completely Phil. I think the main problem right now, considering most of our injuries are on defense, is the lack of continuity for the offense. Three different QB's. An offense by committee approach which I am not sure about as well. I don't see a lot of creativity out there in our offense. And as others have mentioned only 9 touches for Joe Smith???

We need Buck healthy at the very least, because last night Wally sure would have liked to switch it up.

Hopefully we get two back in the secondary, and Floyd can go next week. The offense however, simply needs to get better, and quickly.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Rammer
Team Captain

OrangeShoes99 wrote:I agree completely Phil. I think the main problem right now, considering most of our injuries are on defense, is the lack of continuity for the offense. Three different QB's. An offense by committee approach which I am not sure about as well. I don't see a lot of creativity out there in our offense. And as others have mentioned only 9 touches for Joe Smith???

We need Buck healthy at the very least, because last night Wally sure would have liked to switch it up.

Hopefully we get two back in the secondary, and Floyd can go next week. The offense however, simply needs to get better, and quickly.
Our run D has suffered since OF has been out, and next week we face Blink, one of the best in the business at finding a D's weakness. I say that OF had best be ready for the next game, along with BP, the DB's had some breakdowns last night, but not anywhere near the level of the Calgary game, so another week practice should take care of that.
Entertainment value = an all time low
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
OrangeShoes99 wrote:I agree completely Phil. I think the main problem right now, considering most of our injuries are on defense, is the lack of continuity for the offense. Three different QB's. An offense by committee approach which I am not sure about as well. I don't see a lot of creativity out there in our offense. And as others have mentioned only 9 touches for Joe Smith???

Our run D has suffered since OF has been out, and next week we face Blink, one of the best in the business at finding a D's weakness. I say that OF had best be ready for the next game, along with BP, the DB's had some breakdowns last night, but not anywhere near the level of the Calgary game, so another week practice should take care of that.
You guys have both hit the nail on the head. It was time for the offence to pick up the slack last night and it didn't deliver.
Sure Jackson is the 3rd string QB but he had seen significant minutes in the past 3 games and seemed to have a better grasp of the new system than either DD or Buck.

The good thing about a loss is it put the offence under the microscope even more and Wally was quick to lay them blame on that unit last night. Now the hope is a healthy enough Buck will get things turned around against the Bombers.

If it doesn't happen then Wally has two weeks to perhaps shake things up with his collective OCs and try to get everyone on the same page.
lion24
Legend

Rammer wrote:

I am just hoping there are two qb's ready to go so if one struggles there is the option to play the other?
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP