Leos Blackout Policy

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Supersonicsfreak wrote:So will this Thursday's game be blacked out?
Technically only the TV is blacked out, games can be viewed on the TSN or CBC broadbands, in Canada.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Supersonicsfreak
Rookie

Rammer wrote:
Technically only the TV is blacked out, games can be viewed on the TSN or CBC broadbands, in Canada.
Okay that didn't totally answer my question. I live in Surrey and haven't missed a game this season (caught 2 at home and watched the rest on TV), can I see this on my TV on TSN or CBC or will I be unable to view it? I'd like to know since I will plan on going to my friends cabin just across the boarder if I can't see it at my place!
LFITQ
Team Captain

Supersonicsfreak wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Okay that didn't totally answer my question. I live in Surrey and haven't missed a game this season (caught 2 at home and watched the rest on TV), can I see this on my TV on TSN or CBC or will I be unable to view it? I'd like to know since I will plan on going to my friends cabin just across the boarder if I can't see it at my place!
There is no way to know for sure.

The team only has to lift the blackout for 2 games (and they apparently have already done so once this year so there is only 1 game left).
Secondly, there have to be 90% of all tickets sold 24 hours before the game before the black out gets lifted as well.

Under both circumstances, the team is under no obligation to let anyone know other than the TV network of course.

So I don't think anyone on here can answer your question.

But why not just go to the game if you can take off and head across the border? To me that's precisely why the Lions black out games.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Purely for selfish reasons I hope this game is blacked out and that they choose to lift the blackout for the Winnipeg game. I'm going to be on the Island tomorrow night so I'll watch the game at my Dad's place, then if they lift the blackout for the Winnipeg game I'll be able to catch it at home. I'll be under the dome for Montreal. Here's hoping I don't have to miss any of the games in August! :cr:
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

So I have to work late tonight. can I watch the game on TSN Broadband?????
Rammer
Team Captain

Lion Guy wrote:So I have to work late tonight. can I watch the game on TSN Broadband?????
Yes.
Entertainment value = an all time low
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

So was the game blacked out last night?
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Jarious Jackson played like there was a black out in BC Place.

Yes it was. Thank Gawd.