Practice Report for Insiders Monday July 30

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Practice Report for Insiders Monday July 30

60 minutes only today, from 12:30 to 1:30

Stretching

Groups: LBs, DBs, D Line, O Line, Receivers, Backs all going through their routines with their position coaches. Kickers McCallum and Whyte off in their own world.

O Passing Game against backup shell D

Jarious looking very good: downfield passes strong and accurate, better touch on short passes than he usually shows

I agree with Blitz and others who feel that Jarious' ability and willingness to throw long opens up the passing game for the Lions. What a blessing it is for us to have this guy available. Amazing depth. One more product of the Buono QB factory that goes all the way back to his days in Calgary. Plug and Play. Flutie, Garcia, Dickenson, Burris, Crandell, Dickenson again, Printers, Pierce and now it is Jarious Jackson's turn to throw the ball.

Gino throwing well also

Receivers all looking good, Rodgers and Mock more noticeably in the mainstream now

D reaction drills under the direction of Dave Ritchie

Special teams punting

A few words from Wally to the team

Some groups sharing a few words from team leaders

And off the field

Both Lowell Ullrich and Mike Beamish not in attendance, but the TV crews are here, including Craig McEwen.

Pretty low-key day. But they all know the battle is just around the corner.

Chatting with Mike Roach. He verifies that the D Line was gassed by the McMahon heat in the 4th quarter against the Stampeders. They got through on guts and heart. He thinks Chris Wilson may be a bit too light for the NFL. But I think everyone feels Cam Wake brings a lot more to the game anyway.

Injured: Korey Banks says he will be ready ... we will see about that ... could be ... he is walking around, has his ankle taped. I expect he could go if this was a playoff game.

Otis Floyd inside the building working with the trainer

Mark Washington dressed but taking it easy

No Dave D. No Tony Simmons.

Newcomers: Konrad Wasiela, a DB from training camp, back to add depth for practice

Ben Wilson, a tall receiver from the Surrey Rams at practice to add depth

Side note:

A fan has his boom box there, blaring loudly throughout practice. He is a special needs person that the players respond to very well. Wally is tolerant of the noise although it is hard to hear over top of it.

You Don't Want to Picture This:

Some of the players decide to show off some "dance moves." Angus Reid trying to do a few moves. Not good. Rob Murphy is about as bad as Reid. Big Tyrone Williams and Jamal Johnson actually have some rhythm, but don't push it too far. Brent Johnson is just laughing his head off at all of them.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Sensational report WCJ...

I'm sure you're right about Mike Beamish missing practice, but I guess it'd be hard to see LU. :lol:

Great to hear we got some new blood in town as, if the injury bug doesn't take a brake to sleep-off the feeding stupor that he has been feasting on (our team), we'll be seeing one of them if not the both.

Wished I had off seen big Murph and Black Angus doing the "Hulk".

Worth the price of admision. :rockin:

Keep up the great work man :beer:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Thanks, Pigskin

The O Line "dancing" was hilarious. :lol:
smphantom
Legend

WestCoastJoe wrote:Side note:

A fan has his boom box there, blaring loudly throughout practice. He is a special needs person that the players respond to very well. Wally is tolerant of the noise although it is hard to hear over top of it.
Skinny guy, glasses and ponytail?
Stay thirsty my friends.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

No no, not that guy. I have not seen that guy for a while, the one that collects cans and bottles around the area.

This guy was short, powerfully built, dark hair. I have not seen him before, but the players knew him.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

WCJ..thanks for the report.

Did you happen to catch what time practice is Tuesday?
I have my head up my butt - 120db
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Thanks, Yank

I don't know the time yet for Tuesday's practice.

The BC Lions website is outdated, last week's schedule, always a week late.

I expect Tuesday's time to be about 10:00 am. I will call the office when they open today.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I got an email from Lowell yesterday, wish I had saved it because he said what time practice was today. I want to say 10:25 but don't hold me to that.

I feel like a tool, I thought Korey Banks was Dante Marsh yesterday and didn't realize the mistake I made until I watched Connected and they interviewed him. :oops:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Practice starts today (Tuesday) at 10:35. That is from the girl at the office.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I always get you two doods mixed up. 8)
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I hear ya Lionheart. I naively thought my nic would be unique enough to get me by when I registered last year. And it is a nic I have used on many websites over the last 10 years.

Next season I will change my nic when I re-enlist in the MVP. I will choose a nic distinctive enough that no one who precedes me or follows me will have anything remotely like it.

Now, as to your nic, I don't think it is like anyone else's, it it? (He asks sarcastically) ummmm Lionheart Lion Guy lion24 Lionut The Lion KIng and on and on ... Ah well, can't fault anyone for having Lion in there nic.

How 'bout if next year I become .... West Coast Lion ....... just kidding, Man. Next year I will think of something more pertinent to this site.