Otis Floyd back in for next week

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

In defense of Pottinger, I read today that one of Lumsden's long runs was the fault of Jamall Johnson being out of position.
Lloyd
lion24
Legend

Shi Zi Mi wrote:In defense of Pottinger, I read today that one of Lumsden's long runs was the fault of Jamall Johnson being out of position.
I would think that Johnson AND Pottinger both being fairly new at playing linebacker and not just special teams they will have ups and downs until they are both completely comfortable playing together? I am not sure Pottinger will reach Glatt's level of play but I think he has the potential to be very good and I have always been impressed with Johnson as a big hitter.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

IMHO, Pottinger is much better suited for a MLB position as compared to an OLB position.......size and speed wise.

They need to use Hannah, if Otis Floyd can't go on saturday.
Lloyd
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:IMHO, Pottinger is much better suited for a MLB position as compared to an OLB position.......size and speed wise.

They need to use Hannah, if Otis Floyd can't go on saturday.
Totally agree!! He can be another Mike O'Shea type in the middle.
David
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:
Make no mistake - I love our 3 starting linebackers. However, not to sound crude here, but if any one of them gets injured for any length of time, we're screwed!
Not necessarily David! Hannah is on the practice roster and he's got some talent!!
Yes, I've been following Nick Hannah closely Blitz. Loved his hustle on special teams last Thursday! However, he's another rookie. I'm talking about a guy with speed and experience (like a George White, who was let go in the off-season) who can also play the pass. Right now we're thinner at linebacker than Mary-Kate Olson, with only two relative rookies in Pottinger and Hannah backing up the starters.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

John Grace just came available from Montreal.......has he recovered completely from injury or has he lost a step?........his stock in the CFL fell very, very quickly, IMHO.
Lloyd
Rammer
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:John Grace just came available from Montreal.......has he recovered completely from injury or has he lost a step?........his stock in the CFL fell very, very quickly, IMHO.
If you can get Grace onthe cheap it may bbe worth some consideration, but I am not sure that the Lions would want him around for the remainder of the season at the expense of Hannah for the long term.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Shi Zi Mi wrote:John Grace just came available from Montreal.......has he recovered completely from injury or has he lost a step?........his stock in the CFL fell very, very quickly, IMHO.
If you can get Grace onthe cheap it may bbe worth some consideration, but I am not sure that the Lions would want him around for the remainder of the season at the expense of Hannah for the long term.
That's why we have IR's.... :wink:
Lloyd
Rammer
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
Rammer wrote:
That's why we have IR's.... :wink:
:lol: True, but the SMS also has a bearing on how the IR is used this season.
Sirona
prospect

Being a realist, it is silly to say the LIONS didn't play as well because they were missing one defensive player. Even though Otis Floyd is a big impact player, we just need to realize that Jesse Lumsden is also a major impact player who as well as Ticats is improving as the season continues. Most of the defensive line for the Lions were unfortuately knocked on their butts during the long run of Jesse, due to big plays by the Ticats offensive line and Jesse's explosive running. It was apparent that the BC LIONS underestimated the skills of some of the Ticats.
That being said, Jay Pottinger did explosively stop a run by Jesse in the play at the end of the first half. It was not noticed as TSN went right to commercial break and they did not announce the play.
Its a team sport and all the Lions are working hard together to win games, working on the strengths of each individual player.
Everyone makes a big deal about Adam Braidwood and what an impact player he is and Edmonton didn't even make the playoffs the first year he was a starter.
Some games teams just don't play so great.. no one at fault really!!!!!
Rammer
Team Captain

:whs:

Signed

DD, Otis Floyd, Geroy Simon, Shreko Rasouli, Angus Reid, Barron Miles, and Mark Washington. :beer:
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote::whs:

Signed

DD, Otis Floyd, Geroy Simon, Shreko Rasouli, Angus Reid, Barron Miles, and Mark Washington. :beer:
And you can add George White to that list......in fact a very similar scenario.......adding a veteran former allstar LB who was castoff by the Stamps in 2006.
Lloyd
Rammer
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:

Signed

And you can add George White to that list......in fact a very similar scenario.......adding a veteran former allstar LB who was castoff by the Stamps in 2006.
Different in that it was at the end of the season, you should be able to pick up insurance for playoff run, vs the entire season at a veterans price.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Signed

Paul McCallum