Cutdown Day, who is gone?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

There's no way Rodgers can learn that position in a week. Boden has been practising at the wideout spot for a year.

There's much more to be revealed here. We still don't know the full list of players released and slated for the developmental roster, nor who will start, who will back up and who (if anyone) will be placed on the injured list.
Rammer
Team Captain

Jim Mullin wrote:Lindstrom, Jones, Green, Waisela. PR not announced yet.
Does this get us down to the roster limits for the season? If so, there isn't as much damage there as I had thought there might be, well other than Jones which we have shared views on already with the early knowledge given to us.
Entertainment value = an all time low
SammyGreene
Team Captain

It will be interesting to see where these players will be placed:

Brandon Ala
Andrew Jones
Nick Hannah
Lorne Plante,
Markeith Knowlton
Andre Sadeghian
Jerome Dennis
Tad Crawford
Adam Nicolson
Dan McCullough
Chad Mock

And doesn't Wally now have to get Boden and Plante under contract?
Blitz
Team Captain

It's official now that Jones, Linstrom, Green, and Waisela have been released. It's now time for the roster juggling and mind games for the rest of the league.

I believed that going into training camp that Linstrom was gone and Green and Waisela were not surprises....and Waisela deserves credit for making it more difficult to cut him that earlier anticipated.

Wally made a decision to go with three import receivers this season in Simon, Simmons, and Jones, if they were all showing the right stuff. Jones really wasn't challenged by another import at training camp as Wally put Rodgers and Monk in the slot positions on the depth chart.

However, the evaluation of a player is based upon more than the two exhibition games. It takes place every practice and Jones inconsistency made the decision for our Leos.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Jim Mullin wrote:Lindstrom, Jones, Green, Waisela. PR not announced yet.
Does this get us down to the roster limits for the season? If so, there isn't as much damage there as I had thought there might be, well other than Jones which we have shared views on already with the early knowledge given to us.
By my calculations, the Lions needed to release 4...............but that's only if the PR people could just slide over to the PR without being released and clearing waivers (which was the practice in the past)

Once again, probably another unannounced rule change :roll:...........when will the league ever learn? :sigh:
Lloyd
maddeep73
Champion

There's no way Rodgers can learn that position in a week. Boden has been practising at the wideout spot for a year.

I'm not so sure. Rodgers has shown that he is a quick study. He was great in the first preseason game after only a couple weeks with the club.

I personally support Jones going for Rodgers instead. He'll return kicks too, and was pencilled in as a potential star out of college. He'll be highly motivated (wants another NFL crack, no doubt) and may end up being another nice threat for our boys. Go Cory go.
Keepin' it real
midwestlion
Starter

However, the evaluation of a player is based upon more than the two exhibition games. It takes place every practice and Jones inconsistency made the decision for our Leos.
As inconsistent with the rest of the guys. It is easy to single out the 5th reciever :roll: Sounds like they were looking for any reason to give Rodgers teh edge. Would you believe that the "dropped" ball in the endzone was because he had one arm free. You really wouldnt know that though by listening to the radio, had to be there. :roll: