BC Lions Grey Cup Ring Presentation Dinner June 3rd

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Quesdad
Champion

Yes several pictures and hopefully Ken can help me get them on here tonite. Have one with Sandra's hand on Wallys shoulder with his on and Kate with both of Bobby's on her hands. Several players and Dave Klassen's staff one.
Best picture though Dave Richie and I together, just for "old" times sake!!! Nice of all those youngsters letting us old guys paricipate!!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

And my point regarding Leo was that he had a similar role as the Felions. And if the Felions received a scaled down version of the ring for their supportive role, then so should Leo. Now that there are enough rings to go around, then I'm sure he will receive one.
God Robbie I hope not. The guy dawned a suit for 11 games all year, and made appearances throughout Vancouver. This has nothing to do with a football team!!

Maybe the guy who wore the Seagull suit in the corner endzone and played a horn should receive one!!! :roll:

The guy was probably a fan, and the Leos won the GC. That means, he doesn't have to pay for a ring like the rest of us, he gets one handed to him for free 'cause he put a mascot suit on.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
smphantom
Legend

Who's next for a ring? Crazy P?? :shock: :no:
Stay thirsty my friends.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

did Crazy P get one?
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:did Crazy P get one?
God I hope he did.....
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:God Robbie I hope not. The guy dawned a suit for 11 games all year, and made appearances throughout Vancouver. This has nothing to do with a football team!!

The guy was probably a fan, and the Leos won the GC. That means, he doesn't have to pay for a ring like the rest of us, he gets one handed to him for free 'cause he put a mascot suit on.
Well, I guess it depends on exactly how Leo is associated with the team. If the guy who played him does freelance work, then he shouldn't get a ring the same way Photog probably wouldn't have got one had he performed his services for the Lions again in 2006. I'm sure the mascot who represents BC Ferries is a freelance worker as he is definitely not directly employed by the Lions organization. But if Leo is a direct employee of the Lions organization, then he can argue that if other direct employees such as the front office staff such as the ticket sales reprentative can receive a ring, then why can't he.
Rammer
Team Captain

The ring for Leo would have to be paw sized, as it is the character that is the constant, not the multiple people who play him.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sharpo

Why did you have to go and mention Crazy P? I just got him out of my head a couple months ago. :x
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

There is no way that a mascot should receive a Championship ring. If he receives one then all season ticket holders should receive one as well. We're the ones who are paying their salaries.
smphantom
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:all season ticket holders should receive one as well
:whs:
Stay thirsty my friends.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Yank In BC wrote:
MacNews wrote:
smphantom wrote:Rick Ball and Giulio Caravetta also received rings! :thup:
That's nice but I think that is a bit over-board, as they are not employed directly by the club.
No worse then the Felions receiveing rings.
Actually the Felions are employed by the club according to Jen Graham. The girls are paid for appearances over and above their gig at Lions game. And a further note Crazy P did not recieve a ring. He is considered a volunteer. Sorry Yank. BB
CB123
Legend

And finally, Leo the Lion doesn't at all deserve a ring
lol if Leo deserves a ring, so does almost everyone on this site.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

On Yahoo! Questions, someone posted a similar question about who gets Super Bowl rings on NFL championship teams. The most common answer was that it was up to the discretion of the team with regards to the injured players, front office staff, and cheerleaders. The team is allocated a certain budget for the rings, and they can produce however many rings they want within that budget.

I wonder what the budget for CFL Grey Cup rings is.

http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 035AAOkfhY
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:
MacNews wrote:
That's nice but I think that is a bit over-board, as they are not employed directly by the club.
No worse then the Felions receiveing rings.
Actually the Felions are employed by the club according to Jen Graham. The girls are paid for appearances over and above their gig at Lions game. And a further note Crazy P did not recieve a ring. He is considered a volunteer. Sorry Yank. BB
That was all sarcasm BB. I don't think Idiot P should get one, but neither should the dance team. Too me the ring is earned, and none of those had any direct influence on the outcome.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Yank In BC wrote:
Ballistic Bob wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:No worse then the Felions receiveing rings.
That was all sarcasm BB. I don't think Idiot P should get one, but neither should the dance team. Too me the ring is earned, and none of those had any direct influence on the outcome.
So that is why the Felions and the office staff don't receive an actual players ring, but a scaled-down version of the official ring. I think it's a fair and friendly gesture for the Lions executives to give their support staff a souvenir gift as a small token of their appreciation.