Brent Johnson - June Wallpaper

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I was working on a little project to spice up my desktop for football season, and was looking for some photos of Brent Johnson.

Our man Photog came through for me, so I thought I wouls share it here for you.

These wallpapers are on my web server:

1280x1024

1024x768

800x600

I am hoping to do a new one for each month of the season.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

An okay design, OS99. But regarding the picture in question, the fact that it shows Brent Johnson behind Danny McManus makes one wonder whether it is Johnson or McManus who is the focal point design. One might think that the design is praising McManus for his scrambling and passing abilities and in this case, getting off a great pass just before he will be sacked by Johnson.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Lol....Hey Robbie, if you don't like it..... :wink:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:An okay design, OS99. But regarding the picture in question, the fact that it shows Brent Johnson behind Danny McManus makes one wonder whether it is Johnson or McManus who is the focal point design. One might think that the design is praising McManus for his scrambling and passing abilities and in this case, getting off a great pass just before he will be sacked by Johnson.
If thats what you get out of it you must have your head buried somewhere and your not too smart....
I have my head up my butt - 120db
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Scrambling ability and McManus? hehe...
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Yank In BC wrote:
Robbie wrote:An okay design, OS99. But regarding the picture in question, the fact that it shows Brent Johnson behind Danny McManus makes one wonder whether it is Johnson or McManus who is the focal point design. One might think that the design is praising McManus for his scrambling and passing abilities and in this case, getting off a great pass just before he will be sacked by Johnson.
If thats what you get out of it you must have your head buried somewhere and your not too smart....
:lol: Yeah, for all of his HOF numbers and accomplishments, that's the first time I've ever seen "McManus", "scrambling" and "abilities" all appearing in the same sentence!
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
D
Team Captain

I seem to remember D Mac scrambling out of trouble a lot back in 94 :wink:

Nice work tho OS .... I have added it to the wallpaper page here http://www.lionbackers.com/wallpaper.html
:roar:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Robbie
Hall of Famer

D wrote:I seem to remember D Mac scrambling out of trouble a lot back in 94 :wink: :roar:
Yeah, let's not forget that Danny McManus scored a key touchdown on a third down gamble in the 1994 Grey Cup on a naked bootleg play.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

OrangeShoes99 wrote:As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I was working on a little project to spice up my desktop for football season, and was looking for some photos of Brent Johnson.

Our man Photog came through for me, so I thought I wouls share it here for you.
Great work OS. The Sack Master draped over an opposing QB is the purrfect photo.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Since most of you are now upset at my previous comment, I might as well play devil's advocate as I've got nothing more to lose. :twisted:

A factual inaccuracy of that picture is that Danny McManus was a right-handed passer, but he's holding the ball with his left hand as if though he's about to make a pass with it.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Since most of you are now upset at my previous comment, I might as well play devil's advocate as I've got nothing more to lose. :twisted:

A factual inaccuracy of that picture is that Danny McManus was a right-handed passer, but he's holding the ball with his left hand as if though he's about to make a pass with it.
Its a *frig* photo *** *****....we all know he is right handed...but if you can remember the game this was taken from (I am sure you dont have any photos of it since no trophy is involved) DMac came in at the end of an ass whooping and promptly was sacked by BJ. He was running for his life..not trying to throw a pass.

Would it have been better if the pic of Johnson had been of him holding the Grey cup...would that help you get some wood instead?

Mod Edit - I understand your being upset Yank, but we can't have personal attacks on the site. I don't agree with Robbie - I think the wallpaper rocks! - but I don't think he meant any harm with his criticism.

DH 8)
I have my head up my butt - 120db
lion24
Legend

Yank In BC wrote:
Robbie wrote:Since most of you are now upset at my previous comment, I might as well play devil's advocate as I've got nothing more to lose. :twisted:

Its a ******* photo *** *****...we all know he is right handed...but if you can remember the game this was taken from (I am sure you dont have any photos of it since no trophy is involved) DMac came in at the end of an ass whooping and promptly was sacked by BJ. He was running for his life..not trying to throw a pass.

Would it have been better if the pic of Johnson had been of him holding the Grey cup...would that help you get some wood instead?

:lol: :lol: :lol: poor Robbie, i think he never means any harm!!??
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
CB123
Legend

ouch... that was just a little harsh
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Actually, I do not remember that game. I'll take your word for it, Yank.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

The fact of the matter is there was slim pickings when it came to photos of Brent Johnson....go ahead google it yourself.

I was aiming for something to dress up my screen for football season, not to provide factual information. I was at this game in Calgary, and believe me...he was sacked on this play.

No slight to either player intended at all. :thup:
Last edited by OrangeShoes99 on Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.