Congratulations Vancouver Giantsl

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Memorial Cup Champions, has a nice ring to it. :thup:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Soundy
Hall of Famer

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MacNews
Team Captain

I honestly had questions about Sexsmith given how young he is but wow he came through, as did the rest of the team!!! Impressive stuff!!!! :beer: :beer:
Rammer
Team Captain

MacNews wrote:I honestly had questions about Sexsmith given how young he is but wow he came through, as did the rest of the team!!! Impressive stuff!!!! :beer: :beer:
The Giants were on top of their game this afternoon, the score was closer than what the game was.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Shots were looking a lot more like Giants hockey - 40-15, IIRC. Matt Keetley was incredible all through the playoffs and this tournament - like the second coming of Roberto Luongo or something.

I have to share this post from WHLfans.ca, because I think it sums the whole thing up perfectly:
The hockey in the 9 games between these two teams was EPIC. Hard, fast, intense, physical and talented. Everything hockey is supposed to be. The Tigers and Giants combined to make Plymouth and Lewiston look very ordinary by comparison. We can all feel good about that. The Tigers won the WHL Final, and the Giants won the Memorial Cup. Any way you slice it, it's a bittersweet ending for both teams. But considering how close the teams are, maybe its an appropriate compromise. And watching hockey like that for the past few weeks, we all come out as winners. 40 great kids playing their guts out and showing you how much they want to win. It doesn't get any better than that, does it?
EPIC. Indeed.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I'd have to compare the Memorial Cup to the Grey Cup, in the sense that fans from each team come wearing their colours. Sitting in front of me were a father and son wearing Val D'or jerseys, and sitting behind me were a bunch of guys from the Hat.

The guys from the Hat were passionate, but classy. We shook hands after the game. It reminded a lot of the camraderie that exists with CFL fans.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I guess we could call Vancouver, the new City of Champions !

BC Lions 2006 Grey Cup Champions

Whitecaps Men Championship

Women Whitecaps Championship

Vancouver Giants, 2007 Memorial Cup Champions.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Vancouver Giants, also 2006 WHL Champions, plus BC Division champs for 06 *and* 07.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Since the three other teams are actually from 2006, then you might as well add the fact that the Giants were 2006 WHL Champions.
lion24
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:I guess we could call Vancouver, the new City of Champions !

I will gladly give you that title!! :lol: :lol: :thup:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I guess we could call Vancouver, the new City of Champions !

And the Vancouver Canucks will still dominate the air waves!!! lol

Gotta get on the phone to Rick Ball, Dave Pratt, Dan Russell. I came up with a new line combination for the Canucks and a trade for the team involving their 99th round draft pick who I am sure we can parlay into the next Wayne Gretzky. Let me see.. hmm.. .Linden moves to C........... Does it matter that they are not playing til October....? Nope, not if you are in Vancouver. We managed to debate hockey ad hominem the entire year the NHL was locked out and I estimated the sports talk hosts and callers could have gone on without a game for 3 more seasons and not run out of things to say. Like Geroy said, it's the micro-analyzation of sport here or something like that.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
CB123
Legend

plus BC Division champs for 06 *and* 07.
dont forget Western Confrence champs too!
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!