Memphis Grizzlies sale...

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Black99GT

so i wonder if heisley would sell the Memphis Grizzlies to the Aquilini's as he is still trying to find a buyer, the only problem is i think the grizzlies have a deal where they have to remain in memphis for 17 or 18 seasons...soething crazy like that i heard..anyways that would be funny if the grizz moved back to vancouver...

memphis currently holds the NBA's worst record at 9 wins 30 losses...looks like they are on pace for a 20 - 22 win season
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Black99GT wrote:so i wonder if heisley would sell the Memphis Grizzlies to the Aquilini's as he is still trying to find a buyer, the only problem is i think the grizzlies have a deal where they have to remain in memphis for 17 or 18 seasons...soething crazy like that i heard..anyways that would be funny if the grizz moved back to vancouver...
That would be cool. I'm not a big b-ball fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed every Grizzlies game I went to.
memphis currently holds the NBA's worst record at 9 wins 30 losses...looks like they are on pace for a 20 - 22 win season
That many, ya think?
Bosco
Team Captain

That's the onion in the ointment for many franchises. They get sweetheart type deals to move into various facilities, but much like Hotel California - you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

The expiration of building leases are the reason why both the Pittsburgh Penguins as well as Seattle Sonics will move at the end of the season. There are additional NBA teams who would move if they could only find a way to weasle out of their obligations.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Black99GT wrote:so i wonder if heisley would sell the Memphis Grizzlies to the Aquilini's as he is still trying to find a buyer, the only problem is i think the grizzlies have a deal where they have to remain in memphis for 17 or 18 seasons...soething crazy like that i heard..anyways that would be funny if the grizz moved back to vancouver...
Who in the right mind would buy the Grizzlies with that condition ?
crburrows
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:
Who in the right mind would buy the Grizzlies with that condition ?
Who would have bought the Lions when Braley did?

Someone who knows how to fix problems. Buy low, sell high.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I'm pretty sure that there were no such conditions when Braley bought the team.
120dB
Legend

enter Vancouver businessman and former Olympian Howard Kelsey. Just because he hasn't been in the news doesn't mean there isn't something burning under the carpet
MacNews
Team Captain

The Lions were in worse shape when Braley bought the Lions then the Grizzlies are now...the NBA isn't going anywhere soon.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The NBA will never admit to failure.