SportsTalk tonight - the Dome

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

There were no fans...the season is over.

8)
Wally!
Starter

"Controlled deflation" is an interesting spin indeed ...

I'm curious as to what specific controls they used when "controlling" the pressure in a pressurized object with a 9 metre tear in said pressurized object ...
MacNews
Team Captain

Wally! wrote:"Controlled deflation" is an interesting spin indeed ...

I'm curious as to what specific controls they used when "controlling" the pressure in a pressurized object with a 9 metre tear in said pressurized object ...
Think about it from BC Place's point of view. Which is more controlled; keeping the fans going while it slowly deflates because of the tear, or turning off the fans since the tear will deflate the stadium anyways. I think turning off the fans can be called a 'controlled' deflation'.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:

Think about it from BC Place's point of view. Which is more controlled; keeping the fans going while it slowly deflates because of the tear, or turning off the fans since the tear will deflate the stadium anyways. I think turning off the fans can be called a 'controlled' deflation'.
Ok, I think I see your point. Let me see if I have this right, Mac.

I'm driving down Pandora Ave. at 50 km/h. All of a sudden, a truck comes right at me against traffic going the wrong way on a One Way. Seeing as I'm going to crash anyway, I decline to hit the brakes, in case they might be damaged in the crash with the pads in contact with the rotors, and at the same time saving wear and tear on both.

As the crash was unavoidable anyway, this way I had a controlled crash, and saved brake wear for another day.

Spin doctoring like that?
crburrows
Champion

Solar Max wrote:
MacNews wrote:

Ok, I think I see your point. Let me see if I have this right, Mac.

I'm driving down Pandora Ave. at 50 km/h. All of a sudden, a truck comes right at me against traffic going the wrong way on a One Way. Seeing as I'm going to crash anyway, I decline to hit the brakes, in case they might be damaged in the crash with the pads in contact with the rotors, and at the same time saving wear and tear on both.

As the crash was unavoidable anyway, this way I had a controlled crash, and saved brake wear for another day.

Spin doctoring like that?
Did they also open the airlock doors?