ATTENDANCE THREAD FOR WESTERN FINAL

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

These attendence updates are starting to remind me of "Let's Have a Total" at the Variety Club Telethon... where's Norm Grohman to give out the ticketmaster phone number? "Come on Lionbackers.... ring those phones!"

Hey, maybe 120db is Norm Grohman?
120dB
Legend

Do the BC Lions have to pay a fee to have more sections opened up? I think they have to pay $ 10,000 to have the Open Deck opened. Is there an agreement beween BC Place and the club that if they wanna open the East End Zone then there's an additional fee they have to pay?

The only consideration they must be taking into account is Security issues. They don't wanna have 500 people spread across 12 sections cause it'd be harder to police; example, the Monster Truck shows back when they served alcohol. Lots of fist fist fights and they had the fans spread out thinly like peanut butter on a sandwich.

I mean they don't have to open all the concession stands. Some of those stands haven't been in operation for years. They'll have to come by and blow the dust off. And it wouldn't cost anything to pull banners off seats; they're just huge posters.

But I suppose more sections requires more Security and that's the cost factor. So the Lions would have to pay that fee? Or is it a fee inherent to event costs?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I believe the Lions have to give B.C. Place 48 or 72 hours notice if they want to open more sections. If they haven't done that by now, it's too late.
crburrows
Champion

120dB wrote:Do the BC Lions have to pay a fee to have more sections opened up? I think they have to pay $ 10,000 to have the Open Deck opened. Is there an agreement beween BC Place and the club that if they wanna open the East End Zone then there's an additional fee they have to pay?

The only consideration they must be taking into account is Security issues. They don't wanna have 500 people spread across 12 sections cause it'd be harder to police; example, the Monster Truck shows back when they served alcohol. Lots of fist fist fights and they had the fans spread out thinly like peanut butter on a sandwich.

I mean they don't have to open all the concession stands. Some of those stands haven't been in operation for years. They'll have to come by and blow the dust off. And it wouldn't cost anything to pull banners off seats; they're just huge posters.

But I suppose more sections requires more Security and that's the cost factor. So the Lions would have to pay that fee? Or is it a fee inherent to event costs?
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Peanut butter sandwiches and beer!
120dB
Legend

Section 7 is selling at it's highest row now, ZZ
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TSN just showed video from the teams' walk-throughs at B.C. Place. There are 12 sections of the east end zone still closed off, the 10 with the banners and two others on either side, so the capacity will stay at about 52,000.
J5V

As it stands right now, I think there are 10 sections untouched (23 to 32.) I believe that if the demand is there they will open up these sections for sales tonight and what could be with a $ 29. price tage a large walk up tomorrow. I think it all depends on how many are left in the current set up and demand.

I'd rather see the Lions get the revenue than scalpers. :x
hexx

hypothetically, are they really going to turn away walkups tomorrow? "sorry, those seats are already taken by big ugly banners"?
agent2
All Star

It would be good PR for someone in the lions office to give us the real story on this, but maybe they are negotiating to open the banner sections. It would be ridiculous to turn away walk ups.
Rammer
Team Captain

J5V wrote:As it stands right now, I think there are 10 sections untouched (23 to 32.) I believe that if the demand is there they will open up these sections for sales tonight and what could be with a $ 29. price tage a large walk up tomorrow. I think it all depends on how many are left in the current set up and demand.

I'd rather see the Lions get the revenue than scalpers. :x
That is exactly what they will be doing if they do close off the East endzone..... they can't be this dumb, can they.
Entertainment value = an all time low
hexx

honestly it seems like they never wanted to open those sections, telling the media about the 52k configuration, only expecting 51-52k etc.

remember braley only expected 40k for this game.

i guess they really like those banners.

those are sure going to be some satisfied customers sitting in the top row of a section next to a banner.
120dB
Legend

Another thing is people do NOT want to be sitting in Row WW, XX, YY or ZZ in Section 7 way way up in the nosebleeds when they can get row A - E close to the railing on the scoreboard side, even if the scoreboard is only visible by turning your neck.

Those A - E on the Upper Deck are really quite good. Afford nice view of field.

I still think arrangements have been made to take down the banners on short notice. They have crews in there through the day.

I walked by the stadium yesterday and peeping through the window you should've seen all the advertising signs on the field. Forklifts running back and forth. People were inside getting the concessions ready. Two gals came by and asked me where the East Gate was cause more people had been hired for the game and there was some sort of training session going on for new employees at 6 p.m. They said they were told it may sell out and thus the special training session.

When you enter Gate A - C you'll see big West Division Final banners hanging from the ceilings.
rb
Champion

hexx wrote:
remember braley only expected 40k for this game.
At the start of the week I was guessing about 47k. I am pleasantly surprised. But I guess the 55k who showed up two years ago remembered what a great game they saw. Best played CFL game I've ever seen. Hopefully we'll get a repeat.
tosh
Rookie

just check and u can get row C section 9
so good tickets low down in setion 9 still there also
David
Team Captain

120dB wrote:I walked by the stadium yesterday and peeping through the window you should've seen all the advertising signs on the field. Forklifts running back and forth. People were inside getting the concessions ready. Two gals came by and asked me where the East Gate was cause more people had been hired for the game and there was some sort of training session going on for new employees at 6 p.m. They said they were told it may sell out and thus the special training session.
:lol: Most Peeping Toms try to peer into windows to watch girls getting ready. 120dB peep through windows to watch BC Place getting ready. :?

Anyway, I was downtown this evening and went into the 7-Eleven store on Robson at Seymour, like 4 blocks from the stadium and there were 10-12 packs of tickets still in envelopes (24 tickets) just for that one store.

The Lions have to either lower their prices in that section or sever their relationship with 7-Eleven altogether next season. It's just not working.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar