New Lionbackers.com format - feedback?

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Topics Merged.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I see you've added a few more new smilies.

:dizzy:
:pray:
:cheer:
:good:
:hmm:
:ref:
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Lion King
Rookie

It was funny when this first came out. (ie - when I saw it), it was the old format.

I could not figure out the fuss. Now I understand. Takes a while

I actually do not mind it. I am looking at the other side of the screen now - but overall the look of the site is good.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:How about the "lined" background? It is quite hard on the eyes trying to read any of the small white text on it. Is that something that is planned on getting changed?

PS. I don't mind the white text on black background.
What lined background?
Real women wear orange!!
Spud387
Champion

CatsEyes wrote:
Spud387 wrote:How about the "lined" background? It is quite hard on the eyes trying to read any of the small white text on it. Is that something that is planned on getting changed?

PS. I don't mind the white text on black background.
What lined background?
The background of the site. It is dark grey with a light grey horizontal lined pattern.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

But it's just basically at the top and bottom of the page, so its not THAT bad, is it? I didn't even notice it until it was pointed out. :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
Hutch85
All Star

CatsEyes wrote:I guess it's because I have been reading books on my PDA in the white on black format for so long that I find no problem with it. I actually find the dark background easier on the eyes. And if it's SO important to see who wrote the post on the left, it is still there. The poster's name shows up under the thread title of each post. On the left hand side. Personally, I couldn't care less. As I said before-change is good, donkey! :rockin:
Hey, I haven't been called a donkey before, usually I'm called the *other* term for a donkey! ;-)

Just kidding, I know you're quoting Shrek movie lines.. at least, I think you are! LOL!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I guess this new format is going to remain. I think it's not too bad now that I'm used to it.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Bleddyn
Starter

Well this is my first time here in a couple weeks.. I have been busy.

I like it, very sharp looking IMO. The only thing I don't like too much is the Avatar/poster info on the right but it is not a big deal.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Thanks for bringing back the black background at the top of the page. The white background that showed up with the changeover was very hard on the eyes.

Count me amongst those that do not like change once computer protocols have become comfortable, but these present adjustments have not been difficult to take.

I'll give them a :thup:
D
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:The white background that showed up with the changeover was very hard on the eyes.
Ya I saw that after the fact .... it was an IE only issue and I think it only showed with IE6 .... either way Firefox is the way to go :beauty:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

D wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:The white background that showed up with the changeover was very hard on the eyes.
Ya I saw that after the fact .... it was an IE only issue and I think it only showed with IE6 .... either way Firefox is the way to go :beauty:
Ah ha. I was recently forced to switch over from IE6, reluctantly. LOL That explains the white background. By many accounts, Firefox is a better way. I've tried it a few times. We'll see. Computers have to be the worst in terms of forcing us to constantly change and upgrade, etc. Ughhh
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I noticed that with this new feedback, the date and time that the thread was created is listed underneath the subject line. That may help when I decide it's appropriate to reply to a thread that may be longer than what some people may think is acceptable.
祝你龍年行大運。
D
Team Captain

new header graphic courtesy of Woody
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

The graphic in the top left corner reminds me of the T-800 from Terminator Salvation.