Site slow?

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

Anyone else having the site being REALLY slow today?

Quite a few times today it just has taken forever to move to the next page or wherever I click. Other sites seem to be normal, it's just this one. Just want to know if it's just mine today (especially this afternoon) or if it is the site.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Super slow for me too Ken. 13th man seems to be running at 3/4 speed as well.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

It hasn't seemed especially slow to me, but that really says more about my connection than this site.

What I have noticed with the increased traffic since the season started, is the occasional "cpu quota exceeded" page. So I go back and reclick and sometimes have to try five or six times to keep navigating. It usually works eventually.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
LFITQ
Team Captain

It seems to have speeded up now.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Working fine now
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

That quota exceeded message I get alot, it's been happening for awhile now. :?
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:That quota exceeded message I get alot, it's been happening for awhile now. :?
I put it down to increased traffic on here since the season started -- which is about the first time I encountered it.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Lionheart wrote:That quota exceeded message I get alot, it's been happening for awhile now. :?
I get that message quite often as well. At least two or three times a week I'd say.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

I've also been getting a "no posts exist for this topic" message when I try to click to the next (usu last) page of a thread. :?

It's happened 4 or 5 times in the last few days (e.g., third page of the "Otis Floyd back in for next week" thread).
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

As with some key players, Lionbackers has a concusion.

Post softly and gently, all will be fine in a couple of weeks.